Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very common practice to do that sort of thing in Portugal, Porto did the same when selling James and Moutinho to Monaco last summer (as Sporting got 50% of Moutinho fee, so Monaco paid more for James instead) Crafty buggers the Portuguese

BigOscar said:
Very common practice to do that sort of thing in Portugal, Porto did the same when selling James and Moutinho to Monaco last summer (as Sporting got 50% of Moutinho fee, so Monaco paid more for James instead) Crafty buggers the Portuguese

And the crazy part, the price was still decent for Rodriquez, he is just insanely good.

Merely speculation on my part, but I'm not convinced that the deal for Fernando to City will happen. I just think it's the kind of deal which made sense in January because of his contractual situation. However now that there's a new buy out involved, Porto will IMO not accept less than 20 million pounds + and I can see City walking away. Esp if there's serious interest in Fabregas or Pogba because as good as Fernando is, he isn't of the quality of those two.

BillyShears said:
Merely speculation on my part, but I'm not convinced that the deal for Fernando to City will happen. I just think it's the kind of deal which made sense in January because of his contractual situation. However now that there's a new buy out involved, Porto will IMO not accept less than 20 million pounds + and I can see City walking away. Esp if there's serious interest in Fabregas or Pogba because as good as Fernando is, he isn't of the quality of those two.
noted - Billy doesn't rate Fernando as highly as two players we're definitely not going to sign ;-)

George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
noted - Billy doesn't rate Fernando as highly as two players we're definitely not going to sign ;-)

That's nice.

You think we're definitely not going to sign Fabregas and Pogba ? Is this based on your not at all insightful flapping over FFP ? Or based on your even less insightful flapping over the manager ? Or is it just because ickle City don't sign top players ?

BillyShears said:
George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:

That's nice.

You think we're definitely not going to sign Fabregas and Pogba ? Is this based on your not at all insightful flapping over FFP ? Or based on your even less insightful flapping over the manager ? Or is it just because ickle City don't sign top players ?
'even less' than 'not at all' - very wounding, Billy, very wounding

BillyShears said:

Fernando is a defensive midfielder , who can cover the back four unlike Pogba or Fabregas.

sam663 said:
BillyShears said:

Fernando is a defensive midfielder , who can cover the back four unlike Pogba or Fabregas.

We already have a defensive midfielder in the squad who can cover the back 4. I reckon the attributes we require from any central midfield player who sign this summer should not focus on the defensive.

BillyShears said:
sam663 said:
BillyShears said:

We already have a defensive midfielder in the squad who can cover the back 4. I reckon the attributes we require from any central midfield player who sign this summer should not focus on the defensive.

Fernando is the sort of player we need - an upgrade on Garcia ....

Where would Fabregas fit in our team? Unless we offloaded say Nasri for big money, He would fut into to our style of play and is a top player of granted .

Pogba is overpriced and overhyped ...

After all that blackmailing by Porto, it turns out FIFA won't let Fernando play for Portugal anyway. No idea why as he's never represented Brazil, especially when Diego Costa will be representing Spain when he has caps for Brazil. It's almost like there is one set of rules for one and another for the other, but FIFA wouldn't do that sort of thing, would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.