Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

I do wonder if/when Soriano might be called on to fix up the mess at Barca once again.

Must admit that I was far from impressed with the way they handled Mancini's sacking (which now pales in comparison to Utd/Moyes), and I wasn't overjoyed with Pellegrini's appointment initially (smacked a little of nepotism to me at the time), so I guess it's a good job they're running the club and not me.

I particularly like Soriano; he's like Garry Cook, only without the foot in his mouth.

moomba said:
I do wonder if/when Soriano might be called on to fix up the mess at Barca once again.

The current board have a mandate until 2016. Sounds like they have no intention of having elections before that and I'm not sure how the board members or club members can force one.

Both will be here long enough to make sure we are established alongside the bullies known as G-14.

They made the right transfers and got the right manager. No doubt they will continue to improve rather than what we did after the 11/12 championship.

They've done a fantastic job. If they want to go back to Barca someday that's okay, but I hope they stay. Barca are so chaotic with the way that they're run, these two have a mandate here.

They fucked the Mancini sacking, but it was never going to be popular. But! They did bring in a manager on his merits, as opposed to his past successes (think Guardiola), and that manager brought us a domestic double and squad harmony. We went from losing to Wigan in the Cup final, and losing on the final day at home to Reading, to winning the league and league cup.

I'm not sure anyone could claim that we'd have done the same without their decision to bring in Pellegrini.

Dethred said:
They fucked the Mancini sacking, but it was never going to be popular. But! They did bring in a manager on his merits, as opposed to his past successes (think Guardiola), and that manager brought us a domestic double and squad harmony. We went from losing to Wigan in the Cup final, and losing on the final day at home to Reading, to winning the league and league cup.

I'm not sure anyone could claim that we'd have done the same without their decision to bring in Pellegrini.

sorry to be picky but we won reading away and lost at home to norwich last game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.