Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Tim of the Oak said:
IMHO, we need to see what is the outcome of the FFP sanctions / appeal before we deciding if Ferran is a hero or zero. Hopefully the outcome will be OK.

Excellent point...... because,if we do fail,it will be the ideal opportunity to label him a clown.

We've already failed it. It is now about trying to get as close to a reasonable outcome as possible - given that we pulled out a lot of stops to try to comply. I know this wont be easy with a corrupt governing body.

nmc said:
sir peace frog said:
cibaman said:
Slightly ironic that, of all of their signings, only MDM started the final game.
however,navas,negrado, and to a lesser degree jovetic have been essential in what weve achieved this season

And Fernandhino.
haha I knew id forgotten one of them :(

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

FantasyIreland said:
Tim of the Oak said:
IMHO, we need to see what is the outcome of the FFP sanctions / appeal before we deciding if Ferran is a hero or zero. Hopefully the outcome will be OK.

Excellent point...... because,if we do fail,it will be the ideal opportunity to label him a clown.

PMSL. Like he did all over the beginning of this thread ;-)

Just posted this in the transfer forum but it's relevant to any discussions about Txiki this summer. Unless my numbers are off we have a serious "homegrown" problem we need to contend with in the squad planning.

BillyShears said:
It's going to be very interesting seeing how City deal with this in the upcoming transfer windows. As things currently stand we have the following homegrown players in our first team squad.

Wright, Milner, Hart, Clichy, Rodwell, and Richards.

Then from the youth teams there.

Lopes, Rekik, Boyata, and potentially Huws.

However ... if we were to lose Richards and Rodwell it leaves us in a precarious position. Rodwell and Richards are both players who let the squad down this season due to injuries/performances and they need to be replaced with players who can have more of an impact, therefore the idea of moving one of our EDS youngsters up to take their squad positions is IMO unworkable.

That means that if we replace them both with 'foreign' players we will need to name 4 young players in our first team squad. That means a squad of no more than 21 senior players. The way I see it 20 of those 21 players would be (including the English players)

Hart, Wright, Pants, Zaba, MDM, Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Milner, Nasri, Silva, Garcia, Fernandinho, Yaya, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo, Navas, Nastasic

That leaves room for only one player to come in in place of Rodwell, Lescott, and Richards which isn't going to work. Particularly if the deals for Sagna, Fernando, and Mangala are done. Hypothetically if you add those three to the squad then our homegrown quota problem becomes much more pronounced because adding those three gives us a first team squad of 23 players (without club trained players).

This is all before the prospect of a reduced squad size due to FFP sanctions which would make the numbers above even more problematic for that competition.

Personally I'm baffled as to why i these circumstances we're pursuing Fernando quite so hard. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but we need homegrown players who are good enough to play in the first team otherwise we'll fall foul of the PL and CL squad rules.

BillyShears said:
Just posted this in the transfer forum but it's relevant to any discussions about Txiki this summer. Unless my numbers are off we have a serious "homegrown" problem we need to contend with in the squad planning.

BillyShears said:
It's going to be very interesting seeing how City deal with this in the upcoming transfer windows. As things currently stand we have the following homegrown players in our first team squad.

However ... if we were to lose Richards and Rodwell it leaves us in a precarious position. Rodwell and Richards are both players who let the squad down this season due to injuries/performances and they need to be replaced with players who can have more of an impact, therefore the idea of moving one of our EDS youngsters up to take their squad positions is IMO unworkable.

That means that if we replace them both with 'foreign' players we will need to name 4 young players in our first team squad. That means a squad of no more than 21 senior players. The way I see it 20 of those 21 players would be (including the English players)

Hart, Wright, Pants, Zaba, MDM, Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Milner, Nasri, Silva, Garcia, Fernandinho, Yaya, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo, Navas, Nastasic

That leaves room for only one player to come in in place of Rodwell, Lescott, and Richards which isn't going to work. Particularly if the deals for Sagna, Fernando, and Mangala are done. Hypothetically if you add those three to the squad then our homegrown quota problem becomes much more pronounced because adding those three gives us a first team squad of 23 players (without club trained players).

This is all before the prospect of a reduced squad size due to FFP sanctions which would make the numbers above even more problematic for that competition.

Personally I'm baffled as to why i these circumstances we're pursuing Fernando quite so hard. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but we need homegrown players who are good enough to play in the first team otherwise we'll fall foul of the PL and CL squad rules.
Replace Pants with a HG keeper and it leaves us room for 3, Nastasic won't count until the season after. Fernando, Mangala +1?

aguero93:20 said:
BillyShears said:

BillyShears said:

Replace Pants with a HG keeper and it leaves us room for 3, Nastasic won't count until the season after. Fernando, Mangala +1?

I believe Keiren Westwood would class as club trained, not just home grown, which would be particularly useful for the CL. I think it'd be well worth a go to try and tempt him to sit on our bench rather than Sunderland's.

BillyShears said:

BillyShears said:

Good post Billy.

Also to point out to the other guys that Nastasic won't be homegrown here as he arrived a year too late

So if we replace Pants with a hg keeper then our squad is:

Hart*, Wright*, New GK**, Zaba, MDM, Kompany, Clichy*, Kolarov, Milner*, Nasri, Silva, Toure, Fernandinho, Garcia, Navas, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo.

Nastasic not registered because he's 21 at the start of next season and therefore doesn't need to be registered?

Plus Lopes, Rekik, Huws.

Total of 22.

Yes then we have 3 spots for Fernando, Sagna, and Mangala. However it means that we are on the limit with Nastasic not being registered. Next summer he'll have to be registered which will leave us one place short.

Personally I think this is poor squad planning if that's the route we intend to go down. It leaves you with no wriggle room should we suddenly need a player in January due to injuries. Just my opinion but we need to purchase a homegrown player this summer for one of the open spots (right back, centre midfield, centre half).

BillyShears said:

So if we replace Pants with a hg keeper then our squad is:

Hart*, Wright*, New GK**, Zaba, MDM, Kompany, Clichy*, Kolarov, Milner*, Nasri, Silva, Toure, Fernandinho, Garcia, Navas, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo.

Nastasic not registered because he's 21 at the start of next season and therefore doesn't need to be registered?

Plus Lopes, Rekik, Huws.

Total of 22.

Yes then we have 3 spots for Fernando, Sagna, and Mangala. However it means that we are on the limit with Nastasic not being registered. Next summer he'll have to be registered which will leave us one place short.

Personally I think this is poor squad planning if that's the route we intend to go down. It leaves you with no wriggle room should we suddenly need a player in January due to injuries. Just my opinion but we need to purchase a homegrown player this summer for one of the open spots (right back, centre midfield, centre half).

Think Richard Wright will be leaving, although presumably he'll be replaced with another homegrown keeper.

I seem to recall Pellegrini saying not long ago that Rodwell will stay, so maybe Garcia will make way for Fernando?

BillyShears said:

BillyShears said:

agree with pants, and as others have said rodwell will stay. should keep lescott for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.