Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without stalking Billy I am putting my reply to his concerns on our squad and the issues with HG players from the transfer forum.

Next season I could see the following as Lescott and Barry are leaving and I am assuming Richards, Sinclair, Rodwell, Wright and Pantilimon leave:

GKs Hart, HG Experienced competition (maybe Given), Lawlor

Defence Zaba, MDM, Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Mangala, Sagna, Nastasic

Midfield Milner, Nasri, Silva, Garcia, Fernandinho, Yaya, Fernando, Navas

Forwards Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo.

That would be a squad of 23 with just 1 Club HG player in Lawlor but 4 HG players. I don't think Lawlor needs to registered so the squad would be 22 but I think Nastasic is still deemed to be U21 next season so the squad would be only 21 for the premier league. So if we have 4 club home grown players Hart, Milner, Clichy and a new HG keeper then we are ok. Similarly for the Champions League we could put a squad of 21 with 4 HG players and no Club HG we are still fine (as long as we don't get UEFA squad size sanctions). It would also be ok if Johansen is our 3rd choice keeper as he would be Club HG.

The complicating factor is what happens if either Clichy or Milner leaves. In Clichy's case I could understand why we might move for Cole (though I think his legs are gone) as he would be a straight swap of one HG full back for another. If Milner leaves we are in trouble and the worry is he only has a year left on his deal.

I could also see us go for someone like Fabregas or Pogba but only if we sacrifice another midfielder (maybe Garcia).

The further complications are the players with one year left on their deals Nasri, Dzeko and Kolarov.

The likes of Huws and Lopes are U21 so don't need to be in the squad as they are U21. I am also assuming Rekik will be kept on loan while we still have MdM as he can then comeback and take his spot for 2015/16.

pavelsrnicek said:
Without stalking Billy I am putting my reply to his concerns on our squad and the issues with HG players from the transfer forum.

Next season I could see the following as Lescott and Barry are leaving and I am assuming Richards, Sinclair, Rodwell, Wright and Pantilimon leave:

That would be a squad of 23 with just 1 Club HG player in Lawlor but 4 HG players. I don't think Lawlor needs to registered so the squad would be 22 but I think Nastasic is still deemed to be U21 next season so the squad would be only 21 for the premier league. So if we have 4 club home grown players Hart, Milner, Clichy and a new HG keeper then we are ok. Similarly for the Champions League we could put a squad of 21 with 4 HG players and no Club HG we are still fine (as long as we don't get UEFA squad size sanctions). It would also be ok if Johansen is our 3rd choice keeper as he would be Club HG.

The complicating factor is what happens if either Clichy or Milner leaves. In Clichy's case I could understand why we might move for Cole (though I think his legs are gone) as he would be a straight swap of one HG full back for another. If Milner leaves we are in trouble and the worry is he only has a year left on his deal.

I could also see us go for someone like Fabregas or Pogba but only if we sacrifice another midfielder (maybe Garcia).

The further complications are the players with one year left on their deals Nasri, Dzeko and Kolarov.

The likes of Huws and Lopes are U21 so don't need to be in the squad as they are U21. I am also assuming Rekik will be kept on loan while we still have MdM as he can then comeback and take his spot for 2015/16.

Cheers for this mate. I still think we're right on the edge even by these calculations.

Just playing devil's advocate for a second. If our CL squad is reduced to 21 players with the 4 + 4 rule remaining in place just how fucked are we ? By my estimations that sanction will lead to us being incredibly uncompetitive in the CL plus a knock on effect in the PL because certain players will be forced to play CL and PL without being able to be rotated.

A reduced squad will look like this:

Zaba, Kompany, MDM, Kola, Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho, Yaya, Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Navas, Fernando

Plus

Milner, Hart, Clichy .... and the EDS players.

BillyShears said:
pavelsrnicek said:

Cheers for this mate. I still think we're right on the edge even by these calculations.

Just playing devil's advocate for a second. If our CL squad is reduced to 21 players with the 4 + 4 rule remaining in place just how fucked are we ? By my estimations that sanction will lead to us being incredibly uncompetitive in the CL plus a knock on effect in the PL because certain players will be forced to play CL and PL without being able to be rotated.

A reduced squad will look like this:

Zaba, Kompany, MDM, Kola, Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho, Yaya, Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Navas, Fernando

Plus

Milner, Hart, Clichy .... and the EDS players.

The problem would be a basic 17 man squad including Hart, Clichy, Milner and new HG keeper plus Nasatasic would be u21 meaning less room to maneuver and less rotation. It would also be an issue that some players like Sagna or Mangala wouldn't be included and some serious rows brewing with disgruntled players.

You're right that we are treading a very fine line even with a full Champions League squad. Any reduction in our squad size could cause carnage. Personally I believe the squad size reduction is the main reason we would consider fighting FFPR sanctions as that would cause us the most trouble.

I think we will bring back rekik for sure and may well keep guidetti, we should also consider ex academy players who could come back and be home grown? Hennessy (is he still ok) one of the young lads at Burnley etc. Schmeichel would be a very good signing as back up keeper

EalingBlue2 said:
I think we will bring back rekik for sure and may well keep guidetti, we should also consider ex academy players who could come back and be home grown? Hennessy (is he still ok) one of the young lads at Burnley etc. Schmeichel would be a very good signing as back up keeper

Steady on - you'll be bringing Barry Conlon back soon. Let's wait for the outcome.

EalingBlue2 said:

I think Peter is a little bit past it now at 50

If you mean Kasper, why would he come back to be back up to Hart when he is number one at Leicester who are now in the PL?

I repeat that UEFA are in some happy land of their own if they think that the "home grown" requirement will survive a challenge in court. The relevant laws do not concer nationality or residence but mobility of labour, which has to be free. You cannot put a three year restriction on it, or any restriction at all.

Does anyone think that maybe Sagna is being brought in to play centre half? Played there a few times for Arsenal over the last few years. I think it depends on whether Micah stays tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.