Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
another tale of rivals valuing our players at half-price and them willing to take a pay cut, whilst charging us double and then we can't flog the sods because the wages are "so high".

Cannot afford sentiment from pep or tixi on this deal . We either swap with de jong or get paid £75 m million and if not he stays put till his contract is up but I have a feeling we will shit and and basically give him for free . Would have liked to have kept Torres but this is the problem signing these young foreign stars because the lure of going back home is always there .
He’s under contract so no need to sell him Sancho went for £73m so £75m+

Any player who would genuinely leave us for Barcelona right now just because "it's my dream to play for Barca" should be welcome to go. Alarming lack of ambition if true.

Personally think if he actually does want to leave, that can't seriously be the real reason. More likely he wants to be closer to family or just prefers living in Spain.

But we're supposed to put time and money into researching a player's personality and temperament before signing them, so if we've genuinely signed someone who wants to leave for a disaster club just because they used to be good less than 18 months later, we've fucked up.
In fairness he probably signed thinking he’d be able to fly back to Spain fairly regularly, see family etc and Covid has bollocksed it for him.

We should say we accept the offer of €40m on condition that they sell us De Jong for our valuation of €5m.

Cheeky fuckers.

Has he put in a transfer request? Or is him asking pep if ha can go is like a transfer request?

Anyway as our history shows we happy for players to leave at the fee we want or they will be going nowhere if they have long left of there contract.

Has he put in a transfer request? Or is him asking pep if ha can go is like a transfer request?

Anyway as our history shows we happy for players to leave at the fee we want or they will be going nowhere if they have long left of there contract.
"Ferran, Barcelona want you.."
"oh thats pretty cool, can they afford what you want?"
"Doubt it, we'll ask though"
"Either way is fine, let me know"

They clearly don’t have the kind of money they will need for his transfer fee, so they’re going to have to sacrifice a player of EQUAL WORTH TO US.

That’s their problem, not ours!

In addition, Torres was happy to agree to a long contract with the best team in England, so he has to be professional about it all, too.

This deal shouldn’t be done unless CITY get what they want, Barca be damned!

The lads ok but I've never seen anything close to world class not even in the making, so if he goes then ok but they must pay the going rate not a penny less, also if he does go in January then we are getting a striker then also 100%

We seem to have manoeuvred ourselves into the envious position of calling the shots in the transfer market. I just feel if he stays Pep turns him into a world class player, if he goes we get a big fat fee and he won’t become one, just like Sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.