Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we though? What examples do you have for that? Not sure Garcia counts tbh.
exactly there is no proof of this. they have been begging for our players for years and we always too them to shoo and fuck off. the likes of Garcia don't count.

Completely unbothered by this I have to say. If we can get a bit more like €60m I’d say fair enough.

Still not quite sure how he fits in to our side. Not good enough out wide and generally offers little as a striker though he’s clearly a great finisher. Opens up a route to the first team for someone like Delap & it’s a nice wedge towards our summer spree…

I don't really begrudge any kid who has had a year or two on their own during a pandemic wanting to be closer to friends and family at one of the biggest clubs in their home country. Barcelona seem to be taking the piss, though, and I don't see why they think we will give them half our squad at a knockdown price because they're badly run. Pay the fair price, and let's pool our money and go in for a striker who will slot into this side.

I really don't rate him as highly as others seem to do.

He was a winger replacement and couldn't believe how poor he was in his orthodox position.

I mostly forget he is on the pitch, but then he will pop up with a goal.

He's a Johnny on the spot player which certainly has a value to it, but we are going to sign someone who will be our primary striker for the next five or so years and I also rate Palmer and McAtee.

Wouldn't be gutted, sure the pull of returning to Spain is a big thing for the kid and would wish him well, but bringing in £50m for this player would be good business.

Sterling's peak is better than all of them I would keep him if he finds his consistency.
I think the right time to sell is while a player is still good but on his decent. I think that's where Sterling is.

Mahrez is on his decent too so it'd make sense to sell him soon too if there was a good enough alternative. Although that said I'm still mesmerised by his first touch so I may not be thinking straight.

Any player who would genuinely leave us for Barcelona right now just because "it's my dream to play for Barca" should be welcome to go. Alarming lack of ambition if true.

Personally think if he actually does want to leave, that can't seriously be the real reason. More likely he wants to be closer to family or just prefers living in Spain.

But we're supposed to put time and money into researching a player's personality and temperament before signing them, so if we've genuinely signed someone who wants to leave for a disaster club just because they used to be good less than 18 months later, we've fucked up.

I really don't rate him as highly as others seem to do.

He was a winger replacement and couldn't believe how poor he was in his orthodox position.

I mostly forget he is on the pitch, but then he will pop up with a goal.

He's a Johnny on the spot player which certainly has a value to it, but we are going to sign someone who will be our primary striker for the next five or so years and I also rate Palmer and McAtee.

Wouldn't be gutted, sure the pull of returning to Spain is a big thing for the kid and would wish him well, but bringing in £50m for this player would be good business.
I think his biggest problem out wide was that people were not using his runs for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.