Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his biggest problem out wide was that people were not using his runs for whatever reason.

Perhaps, he certainly allowed himself to get boxed in when we approached the final third?

For someone who was said to be comfortable on either flank, I would have expected him to back himself one on one a bit more, as his pace isn't exactly lethal?

If Pep is willing to let him go, then I would back his judgment, whether it be understanding Torres' supposed desire to go home and join a club such as Barca, or knowing he won't get much chance down the middle.

Will be disappointed to see him leave as I think he has the potential to be very good. It has only been just potential at this stage however and as long as the money goes towards a main striker I won't lose any sleep.

Does feel like he has just got here though.

Have to trust the City guys to get the best deal for him before helping wipe Barca's arse.

ferren benches dani olmo and oryazabal for spain. both are quoted 70m plus by their clubs and city selling torres for 50m. is this a joke?
Agree. Don’t really want to see him leave but we shouldn’t be helping Barca out of a deep hole on the fee....£75M and not a penny less or I’d take a swap for FDJ and a few euros....

I'm happy with that. He's better in the center.

He may well be but do you think his ceiling as a ST is as high as a Vlahovic or Haaland? If not, he's in a situation where he'll never be good enough to be a starter in either position.

What did you pay for him as 50m seems very small for a player who when he has played has done well, and for a. player we dont have to sell as Im presuming we have we have at least 2 seasons left on his contract?

Think it was 20m we bought him for?

He (like Laporte) has never quite appeared to be a city player (as good as they both are) - their demeanour has always suggested a slight uncomfortableness with being in England.

However it again lightens our attacking potential/options

Also can Barca even afford to pay for him.....no way despite our obvious connections with them should we be doing them any favours....fuck them....and we are in a stronger position than they are in

Can't see this going anywhere, we'll surely want at least £50m and their first choice by all accounts was Sterling, who had the same asking price. So if they can't afford £50m for Sterling they can't afford £50m for Torres, and if they had £50m to spare they'd spend it on Raheem. No?

Can't see this going anywhere, we'll surely want at least £50m and their first choice by all accounts was Sterling, who had the same asking price. So if they can't afford £50m for Sterling they can't afford £50m for Torres, and if they had £50m to spare they'd spend it on Raheem. No?
wages,sterling is on 300k and spainsh media say ferran will take paycut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.