Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to Catalan daily Sport, Barcelona have to sort out the futures of Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele ahead of signing the Manchester City star.

The Catalans would either have to find a way to sell Coutinho in January or renew the contract of Dembele.

The Brazilian’s departure will make space on their wage bill for Barcelona to get their hands on Torres.

According to Catalan daily Sport, Barcelona have to sort out the futures of Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele ahead of signing the Manchester City star.

The Catalans would either have to find a way to sell Coutinho in January or renew the contract of Dembele.

The Brazilian’s departure will make space on their wage bill for Barcelona to get their hands on Torres.

'Ola Newcasthle, we hear you have muchos dineros, Coutinho por tu?

why the fuck should we lower the price or even entertain a discussion with barca? Because ferran wants to go there? who gives a shit? Did barca give a shit when messi wanted to leave to city? Did they make it easy for him? a club legend? Did they say "okay, i realize your dream is to go to england, so you may leave"? Did they give a crap about a fucking clause in his contract that said he can leave? No, they did everything in their power to keep him, told us to fuck off, told him (again, a club legend) to shut the fuck up and play, and he accepted it. This shouldn't be a story, we should not entertain selling ferran. that's it.

why the fuck should we lower the price or even entertain a discussion with barca? Because ferran wants to go there? who gives a shit? Did barca give a shit when messi wanted to leave to city? Did they make it easy for him? a club legend? Did they say "okay, i realize your dream is to go to england, so you may leave"? Did they give a crap about a fucking clause in his contract that said he can leave? No, they did everything in their power to keep him, told us to fuck off, told him (again, a club legend) to shut the fuck up and play, and he accepted it. This shouldn't be a story, we should not entertain selling ferran. that's it.
Indeed. I was a mistake to let them come to a contract agreement with the player before submitting an acceptable offer. Had it been us against Barcelona in the last CL group game instead of FC Bayern, knowing they needed a win to qualify, it would have been all EDS players on the pitch..

Don't really disagree with most of that.

But do younreally think Palmer or McAteenare anywhere near being able to replace Torres in the squad? No chance. If he is sold, which I have no issue with, he will be replaced. And it will cost well north of 60m to do it.
Well depends how you look at it, the minutes that Palmer has got recently would probably not happened if Torres was sat on the bench instead.

Palmer and McAtee are not a direct replacement and I agree that selling Torres will result in another signing but most likely an out and out striker whereas Torres was probably 2nd/3rd in line for about 4 positions.

He’s a average player playing in a decent team. Looks like a fish out of water when playing on the wing , and has scored a few taps in and goals that have been put on a plate for him.
Any profit on a player who wants to leave is good imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.