Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we only undersold (by fans value) i could see the argument but we dont, we've complained about the fees for every outgoing player to anywhere.
Been in many discussions about this topic over the years on this forum. I just don't get it. Majority of players we sell are because they have given us good service and we have moved on and aren't arsed about fees e.g. Dzeko, Tevez, Delph and Otamendi etc. The rest are CFG signings and the odd player e.g. Sane, that we didn't want to lose but weren't going to force them to stick around so cashed out and moved forward.

Some act as if we are selling the likes of KDB and Laporte and replacing them with Shelvey and Titus Bramble each season, whilst the club is fighting for Europa.

The past decade surely is enough evidence the club know what they are doing?

If this deal goes through, it seems that Torres has asked to go to one particular club which means our hands are tied. We are doubling our money on Torres, have had a decent 18mths out of him with some goals and now we move forward.

Giving more game time to Palmer and McAtee as well as adding 50 odd million to potentially financing a move for Haaland and Vlahovic is hardly bad business.

Been in many discussions about this topic over the years on this forum. I just don't get it. Majority of players we sell are because they have given us good service and we have moved on and aren't arsed about fees e.g. Dzeko, Tevez, Delph and Otamendi etc. The rest are CFG signings and the odd player e.g. Sane, that we didn't want to lose but weren't going to force them to stick around so cashed out and moved forward.

Some act as if we are selling the likes of KDB and Laporte and replacing them with Shelvey and Titus Bramble each season, whilst the club is fighting for Europa.

If this deal goes through, it seems that Torres has asked to go to one particular club which means our hands are tied. We are doubling our money on Torres, have had a decent 18mths out of him with some goals and now we move forward.

Giving more game time to Palmer and McAtee as well as adding 50 odd million to potentially financing a move for Haaland and Vlahovic is hardly bad business.
I agree, I was just stating its not a favouritism thing for Barcelona, the fan base argues it should be more for everyone out the door.

The only player likely to get more game time over Torres going, is Delap when he gets back.

I guess it hurts some fans egos that a young player would rather go somewhere else.
It does puzzle me why he would want to go to that shambles of a club but maybe he is miserable in England and the attraction is as much going back to Spain as playing for them.

Let's just get a decent fee and wish him good luck - he will need it!

I don't believe this is happening for one second, or at least not at the price touted. Barca's already fragile financial situation has now been compounded by bombing out of the Chimps League, so unless Torres leaves on a loan deal, I'll be very surprised if he goes at all

Mendy would probably need to be replaced, or at least another defender coming in to cover. I just doubt they would have two forwards, taking up one defensive slot as well, I just don't see it fitting. Maybe on numbers, but not on balance.
I dont think they'll buy a LB tbh. They keep 3 full backs and use Ake or Stones in a back 4 if two are out. and invert the other as usual.

Lavia, Torres & Carson can all be cut form the CL squad in Jan (and Dinho from next season) to make space for incomig.

I can't see this happening, Barcelona would need a lend of money to buy a packet of Wotsits ffs
€50m haha fuck off when are they planning to come back with the other €50m...Twats.

Don't really disagree with most of that.

But do younreally think Palmer or McAteenare anywhere near being able to replace Torres in the squad? No chance. If he is sold, which I have no issue with, he will be replaced. And it will cost well north of 60m to do it.

I agree, I was just stating its not a favouritism thing for Barcelona, the fan base argues it should be more for everyone out the door.

The only player likely to get more game time over Torres going, is Delap when he gets back.

Similarly to above, I highly doubt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.