FFP facing legal challenge (updated pg 12)

SWP's back said:
matty barton said:
NipHolmes said:
Agree. I'm buzzing for them. I hope they continue and even buy some of our players like Lescott and Maicon etc. Fair play to them (pun intended).

I sit and wait with interest how PSG will react to the tax issues too. That's another FFP buster right there.

Look forward to Monaco's announcement of sponsorship. The Samaritans will be busy with Gill, Wenger and Ayre in the coming weeks.

So you are saying you prefer a club like Monaco at the top table over a club like Borussia Dortmund?

Who are you 'buzzing' for? Their 5,000 fans? I understand those who say they welcome Monaco, because it suits City, but you make it sound like they are actually a good thing for football.
Why isn't it a good thing for football? I welcome anyone that confronts and takes on the existing hegemony.
that's what Dortmund did, and nobody will argue with how they did it. A club like Monaco pushes them further down the pecking order.Bayern, Madrid or United on the other hand are not harmed.

Don't see how anyone can have a problem with what Monaco are doing.

It only seems the last few years that suddenly it's only "worthy" teams that can spend money they can afford and try and win things.

Monaco aren't pushing Dortmund down the pecking order, Bayern Munich are. And having shared a bed with Bayern Munich 10 years ago they can hardly complain about that either.

matty barton said:
SWP's back said:
matty barton said:
So you are saying you prefer a club like Monaco at the top table over a club like Borussia Dortmund?

Who are you 'buzzing' for? Their 5,000 fans? I understand those who say they welcome Monaco, because it suits City, but you make it sound like they are actually a good thing for football.
Why isn't it a good thing for football? I welcome anyone that confronts and takes on the existing hegemony.
that's what Dortmund did, and nobody will argue with how they did it. A club like Monaco pushes them further down the pecking order.Bayern, Madrid or United on the other hand are not harmed.

On the contrary. German football has a few rich teams who will spend if FFP is ruled out. I forget the club but one owner is wanting to spend and feels restricted, somebody will answer that later no doubt.

Also if FFP is bulldozed it means we, Chelsea, Southampton? Will spend. Then you have the French two, then the Russian clubs. This is all competition for the elite. United won't win a league for tw foreseeable if Chelsea and City pull away. Add Europe too. FFP is in place to maker sure upstarts don't replace the cashcows of football.

Monaco, City, PSG, Chelsea etc are pumping cash into football. Not taking it. The likes if the Glazers are. Remind me who the bad guys are again?

Reading Platini's nonsense the other day it seems the driving force behind it may have been the thoughts of Inter and AC. Italy in general cant compete with the big boys due to the retro nature of Italian football - 80s behaviour, inconsistent crowds, appalling commercial revenue. The owners' wallets cant now compete with the new big boys.

So please help us Michel!!

SWP's back said:
matty barton said:
NipHolmes said:
Agree. I'm buzzing for them. I hope they continue and even buy some of our players like Lescott and Maicon etc. Fair play to them (pun intended).

I sit and wait with interest how PSG will react to the tax issues too. That's another FFP buster right there.

Look forward to Monaco's announcement of sponsorship. The Samaritans will be busy with Gill, Wenger and Ayre in the coming weeks.

This.

The hypocrisy of rags and Gooners (of which MB is one, I think) over the issue of "buying success" never ceases to amuse, and in particular the rag anthem of "but we did it with our own money", as if there is some nobility inherent in gaining massive financial advantage in perpetuity, courtesy of a closed shop of a competition (complete with rigged seedings system), that no-one else has a hope in hell of getting into unless they have the good fortune to be taken over by someone like Abramovitch or Sheikh Mansour. For teams like Arsenal and the rags, the Chimps League is the Trojan horse they use to systematically relieve all putative contenders of their best players (particularly youngsters), whilst laughably promoting themselves as the great champions of home grown talent.
The example of Dortmund is a great case in point. Whilst the relatively less cash orientated and insular nature of the Bundesliga has helped them earn a place at the top table that will forever be denied to say Everton, no matter how hard they try, it still isn't enough to prevent the Deutsche version of the rags raping them senseless as a result.
FFP is blatant protectionism, and if Monaco can drive a coach and horses through Gill and Rummenigge's naked self interest, then bloody good luck to them. Dreams. It's what football's all about.......

FFP is blatant protectionism, and if Monaco can drive a coach and horses through Gill and Rummenigge's naked self interest, then bloody good luck to them. Dreams. It's what football's all about.......[/quote]
This.........

matty barton said:
SWP's back said:
matty barton said:

They are harmed though. Liverpool used to be able to bank on automatic Champions League qualification every year and now they struggle to qualify for the Europa league. Arsenal used to challenge for the league and now every year sees them barely scrape into the CL. Big spending newcomers undoubtedly are a massive threat to the established powers. Obviously the biggest clubs are in the best position to withstand any new competition, but that doesn't mean they're immune to it or it won't eat into their profits as they're forced to up their wage bill to match new competition, for example. Why do you think they're so keen on FFP protectionism?

The vitriol from the established big teams was first directed at Chelsea, then ourselves (and continuing - just wait till our academy is rated the only 5 star academy in the world and starts hoovering up all the young talent) then the Russian side, PSG, Malaga to some extent, and now Monaco. To use the phrase from corporal Jones they don't like it up em Mr Manwairing. Good luck to Monaco and any other team which wants to invest in football.

Competition through rich owners buying clubs and investing in them is better than no competition at all. The ideal would be a level playing field for all

But Arsenal, Man Utd etc aren't going to campaign for that are they? They only started squealing when Chelsea and City came on the scene threatening the source of their own riches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.