Fifa to clamp down on City and Chelsea business model

Stockpiling kids doesn’t go down well with me either but nor does setting us at a disadvantage against clubs with B teams.

So how about a limit on the number of players who don’t complete at least x first team minutes over the season? Might be a stupid idea but just floating it.

This latest scam will reduce the numbers of young players take on by most academies (not just City and Chelsea) and will make it harder for talented yougsters to come through, especially in England. More academies will close down because it will be harder to make them profitable. It will favour clubs like Barca, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich who have B teams playing in their senior league structures. What a surprise.
Maybe we can turn it to our advantage by requesting the same here the B team idea has been floated before.

Anyone would think FIFA, like UEFA, are trying to preserve the dominance of clubs with a B team, like Madrid and Barcelona

Surely this decision will have been taken with the best interests of the game at heart. I can't believe that FICKFUFA and Uefa would attempt to give some clubs an advantage and at the same time disadvantage others. Oh, hang on, are these the same canutes that were led by those models of propriety, Blatter and Platini? And spawned that wonderful piece of administrative thievery, FFP? Ah, the game is in good hands.

Maybe we can turn it to our advantage by requesting the same here the B team idea has been floated before.

Much as the advantage sides in Italy and Spain might have with this, I don't want the entire structure of English football wrecked to allow the big clubs here to fight that. Far too high a price.

This is going to be rearly interesting, how is FIFA going to stop youth education and training when FFP could not?, is FIFA going to stop third party ownership, if not what is to stop CFG buying players? does FIFA intend to stop buy back and sell on clauses? there are loads of questions that will have an impact on this limitand it will cause an irritation but City knew this was a possible outcome and have planned for it for example 6 players 6 CFG clubs is more than the amount of players on loan.
And who gains? G14 possibly but Portuguese and Spanish clubs that for decades have bought cheap from South America with the aim to sell high have been hit hard by City and their cash bypassing them.

I think having B-teams playing in the third or fourth divisions of senior football like they do in Germany and Spain would be great but would the EFL embrace this. The people runnning football in England have consistently shown themselves to be dinosaurs and seem incapable of innovation. There was a backlash from many clubs when our youth side went into the Checkatrade trophy.

I think having B-teams playing in the third or fourth divisions of senior football like they do in Germany and Spain would be great but would the EFL embrace this. The people runnning football in England have consistently shown themselves to be dinosaurs and seem incapable of innovation.

The PL clubs are going to have to put their collective greed aside and dig deep to get it through (something they should always have done in my opinion). A pot of cash spread fairly throughout the pyramid should do it.

There was a backlash from many clubs when our youth side went into the Checkatrade trophy.
Was there? Can't say I remember much anguish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.