Fifa to clamp down on City and Chelsea business model

100% this, everyone is getting their knickers in a twist moaning about it and our income etc. No one is actually even considering the players in any of it either. Not a fan of stockpiling players in the hope one or two either come good or we can make money on them.

Academy are there not only to promote a young persons skills as a footballer but also to provide an education so that when the lad leaves if he cant pursue a football career he is given the tools to find employment elsewhere. Furthermore no one can predict the future for these kids but what seems to be happening some of these youth players find their true level throughout the football leagues. Loaning them out as stated on here already is akin to a YTS or apprenticeship and puts the kids in the shop window. The limitation on squads dont help either IMO

100% this, everyone is getting their knickers in a twist moaning about it and our income etc. No one is actually even considering the players in any of it either. Not a fan of stockpiling players in the hope one or two either come good or we can make money on them.

I am sure the players are delighted to be at a club with some of the best training and educational facilities in the world. As it is very few make the breakthrough at the top level and even fewer at the elite clubs of which we are now one. We have May and Trippier earning a good living in the premier league who came through our system and I am sure they are grateful for the coaching and grounding they got at our club.

This isn't nothing to do with the players it is just a cynical ploy to hinder ourselves and Chelsea mainly from hoovering up the top talent and also making extra revenue in the process

I am sure the players are delighted to be at a club with some of the best training and educational facilities in the world. As it is very few make the breakthrough at the top level and even fewer at the elite clubs of which we are now one. We have May and Trippier earning a good living in the premier league who came through our system and I am sure they are grateful for the coaching and grounding they got at our club.

This isn't nothing to do with the players it is just a cynical ploy to hinder ourselves and Chelsea mainly from hoovering up the top talent and also making extra revenue in the process

If they are sent out on loan until they either come good or have a good enough sell on value then they aren't benefiting from our facilities.

This latest scam will reduce the numbers of young players take on by most academies (not just City and Chelsea) and will make it harder for talented yougsters to come through, especially in England. More academies will close down because it will be harder to make them profitable. It will favour clubs like Barca, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich who have B teams playing in their senior league structures. What a surprise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.