Fifa to clamp down on City and Chelsea business model

UEFA -"Oh look City & Chelsea are making a lot of money that we can't restrict under the FFP bollocks, we'll have to invent another new rule to stop this"

Another way of restricting our income, both Chelsea and ourselves had the greatest income way and above the rest of teams in the prem. I suspect we can move players around in the CFG group in some way to avoid these daft regulations. I take it people get paid for coming up with this shit.

I'm not overly bothered with the restriction to 8. It just highlights how flawed the system is. We effectively don't trust our EDS team to get players ready for the first team preferring them to play on loan. It says a lot about the quality of football in the PL2 and Youth CL. That and the stockpiling of talent and hoping one or two come good, can't be good for the culture of the youth set up.

Restricting loans to 8 will shake things up and it needs it.

100% this, everyone is getting their knickers in a twist moaning about it and our income etc. No one is actually even considering the players in any of it either. Not a fan of stockpiling players in the hope one or two either come good or we can make money on them.

SO clubs with "B" teams will be ok, as the players are registered to them.....Bayern, Barca, Real

Time for Vinny to buy Stockport then register all our youth players.......

My main criticism of "stock-piling" young talent lies with the lack of numbers actually coming through our system and eventually making it to the first team.
We do have some very talented youngsters,who feel they may be stifled by constant loans or lack of opportunities,hence my slight fear.
However,when look at how much we have "cashed in" from the transfers (£70+ M was it or more) then yes it works.
We musn`t lose sight that its not an entire block on loanees going out ... just the numbers and I must be honest and say that in the past I have been very critical of Chelsea,so I must therefore say the same about City.
I read on this thread from someone that its only our name and Chelsea thats being banded about via the media,when in essence it will affect every club ... its just that we are one of the big boys now,hence why our name always crops up first from the media.
Ref Foden,hell NO,he shouldn`t be going anywhere but showing he`s good enough for a first team regular place.Pep will watch over him,of that we know and I trust him to develop Foden even more.

Loaning our actual young players is fairly average in numbers I believe. What it would stop, and this is only relevant to us is transfers like those Arzani(sp), Mooy, Harrison. In house deals to loan.

I think the main issue for clubs is, you'll have maybe 6/7 players for one position perhaps ready for first team football out of the u18's & 23's. The issue in this country is the blockage between development football & actual football.

Take us as a specific example, Roberts & Barker, Sancho, Diaz, now Garre & Mtondo are all fighting for perhaps 1 or 2 spots in a first team, if there was a natural progression like a B team they'd all be getting first team football and we'd find the best fit, the rest could either continue in a B team in a professional capacity or get a good move if too good for a B team but not quite our level.

But all those players with the exception of Roberts may never have reached the level they have with out City.

I agree, the stock pilling isn't great, and something needs to be done regards that. It's a tricky one.

...Then there's the academy kids. Currently there's 15 but I don't think more than 4 or 5 would be considered great prospects with a chance of either getting in the team or making us a decent amount.

There's kids who are 21/22 who I don't think we or other clubs should be holding onto, bouncing around on loans not impressing and ending up lower down the pyramid than if they'd just been sold at 18/19 as a decent prospect coming out of our academy...
I haven't got a list handy of the academy kids out but aren't a chunk of them (if not all) due to us moving the youngsters up a level to give them more of a challenge, obviously this gave us an overload at the U23's level and unless they had a fire sale or just released a dozen or so (and left them in the wilderness) then we had to find them a place to play football.

Our owners aren't daft and have their ears to the ground at all times so they'd know this was coming, I think it's just a short term plan myself and we were never meaning to continue as Chelsea seemed to be.

I'm not overly bothered with the restriction to 8. It just highlights how flawed the system is. We effectively don't trust our EDS team to get players ready for the first team preferring them to play on loan. It says a lot about the quality of football in the PL2 and Youth CL. That and the stockpiling of talent and hoping one or two come good, can't be good for the culture of the youth set up.

Restricting loans to 8 will shake things up and it needs it.
Yep, stock piling players who haven't got much chance of getting in the first team but who may earn us a few quid has never sat well with me.
Would much rather they had careers elsewhere and hopefully first team football at a lower level.

We hardly play any academy players or loan returnees. The good ones (Sancho before and Diaz now) wants to leave as they don't find a path to the first team. The only impact is on the revenues we make in selling them. I'd rather the top young talents be distributed among the teams.

Andrew___K
It means Spanish clubs with their B teams are getting a huge advantage over PL teams. Italy has launched the same system this season:
http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/how-serie-a-teams-will-introduce-b-teams-in-italys-lower-tiers/

vmsuhail

I find it strange now that City seem to be one of the strongest if not thee strongest that there is now a clammer in the media to even out the playing field. The flatness off the playing field never seem to be an issue when Liverpool, United and Arsenal had their great teams.

It also didnt seem to be a bad thing when Barcelona and Real Madrid were hoovering up the Galaticos without to much consideration of over spending compared to the rest of the teams in Europe.

Nearer to home, before the CFA was built, United went through a programme of hoovering up all the junior talent in Manchester and the rest of England, without too much complaint, So forgive me if I dont seem to give a flying fuck about the rest of the league. The Kids coming through the CFA are getting an education second to none both in all aspects of the game and academically.

My biggest complaint vmshail is that these under 19`s, 21`s and EDS serve no purpose. There is no physicality allowed in the competition so it end up like tag football. There should be introduce a reserve league or B teams as Spain and Italy have were the most promising can test themselves against seasoned professionals.

I dont mind it. It is gonna put pressure on people to create something more competetive out of the U21 teams, EDs etc.

To loan 4-5 players to NAC Breda and same to Girona every year doesnt make much sense. It will also makes the scouts only sign youngsters that are really top notch talents as we wont need to sign 10 every year as we will have a limit of loaning them out.

IF we still can loan out 8 talents loan out the ones that have very high hopes but cant be yet put in first team. And after loan carefully consider their future based on how much they improved.

I wonder what happens with that Douglas guy we paid quite high fee around 10m for him 2 years ago, spent a mediocre year at Girona last year with mostly sitting on bench have no idea how he does this season at Girona. Still quite unclear imo if he has a future at City first team or not. Same with Patrick Roberts. Or Aleix Garcia. All three of them spending 2 years out on loan basically and we are not much more clever if we want them here at City or not. Which only can mean that they are probably not good enough.

But if out of the Sancho, Foden, Brahim trio only one can come really trough thats not good and two of them leaving us with kind of bad feelings of not getting much chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.