FIFA/UEFA Investigations

Who the hell enters in a 'gentleman's agreement' for over £1m in a professional business?
It's utter bullshit.

You might have an agreement, which is fine, but then you draw up a contract honouring the agreement. And why do you need any 'gentleman's agreement' for a specific consultation job? How did they come to agree the fee?
Did Blatter tell the accountants it was a gentleman's agreement when the payment went through? and did Platini issue an invoice for his work and put it through the books?

Even if I have a gentleman's agreement with a mate, and he pays me for work, it still has to go though the books, or the tax man will be after me.

The fact they are claiming it was a gentleman's agreement is clearly an indication that they know there's know paper trail / documentation for the commissioning of Platini's work.

They should be looking at prison time, but they won't see any.

Another interesting article by Samuel in the Mail today. Don't know how to post links but he asks the very pertinent question of why the FA, i e. Messrs Dyke and Gill, in their statement actually go so far as to wish Platiin "every success in fighting these charges". As Samuel points out, they didn't wish Ched Evans every success in fighting his appeal or any number of legal actions involving people involved in football so why depart from neutrality here ? Samuel fights shy of drawing the conclusion I would, namely that Dyke and Gill can see this enquiry coming ever closer to home.

I think every fucker has had their fingers in the pie.

Remember the England friendly in Trinidad for a world cup vote? No money changed hands apparently .......

Another interesting article by Samuel in the Mail today. Don't know how to post links but he asks the very pertinent question of why the FA, i e. Messrs Dyke and Gill, in their statement actually go so far as to wish Platiin "every success in fighting these charges". As Samuel points out, they didn't wish Ched Evans every success in fighting his appeal or any number of legal actions involving people involved in football so why depart from neutrality here ? Samuel fights shy of drawing the conclusion I would, namely that Dyke and Gill can see this enquiry coming ever closer to home.

Allow me..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ed-relay-message-behalf-English-football.html

Apparently senior Zürich police and prosecutors got tickets to FIFA football finals at significant discounts

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/zuerich...cher-justiz-wmtickets-zukommen/story/15994551 (in German I'm afraid)

From the Swiss Tages Anzeiger newspaper

105753d1445157283t-mr-joseph-sepp-bellend-blatter-fifa-corruption-mist.jpg

Translation: Shit! I forgot to bung the American justices a couple of tickets. (the banner reads "from the City Prosecutor - Thanks, Sepp")

Sounds very much like over the years, everyone has had their snouts in the trough including government officials from many countries. When you look at the World Cup bidding process the last few times, it was fairly clear that all bidding countries sailed close to wind in their attempts to get support from ExCo members and because the outcomes were generally acceptable, everyone got away with it. Since the Russia and Qatar victories which were totally at odds with the technical reports on the bids and the subsequent attempted whitewash, I suspect Blatter and Platini are threatening to bring everyone down with them who have ever done anything questionable. I suspect this includes a huge number of people in many countries which is why Blatter and Platini think they can get away with it. Hopefully, because of the FBIs involvement, the Swiss authorities will feel obliged to conduct a completely transparent investigation.

Sounds very much like over the years, everyone has had their snouts in the trough including government officials from many countries. When you look at the World Cup bidding process the last few times, it was fairly clear that all bidding countries sailed close to wind in their attempts to get support from ExCo members and because the outcomes were generally acceptable, everyone got away with it. Since the Russia and Qatar victories which were totally at odds with the technical reports on the bids and the subsequent attempted whitewash, I suspect Blatter and Platini are threatening to bring everyone down with them who have ever done anything questionable. I suspect this includes a huge number of people in many countries which is why Blatter and Platini think they can get away with it. Hopefully, because of the FBIs involvement, the Swiss authorities will feel obliged to conduct a completely transparent investigation.

Well if the Banks are anything to go by the FBI have managed to get billions of dollars in fines from the banking giants regarding illegal Libor rigging and money laundering of particularly Iranian origin.
I cannot see that the football sector of business would be considered untouchable by FBI I think they have left that illusion to FIFA, Uefa and all others who embraced their corrupt culture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.