FIFA Women's WC France 2019

Just shows the interpretation of decisions. Some refs give it, some dont so no different to now. Should have been ruled out as clearly offside from the pass and defender clearing it into the path of the scorer meant the offside player was interfering with play
Offside player was putting pressure on the Swedish defender who them miskicked the ball to the lass who scored, interference all day long. Ref's mistake but as she didn't spot it in real time she'd have given a goal anyway. Shouldn't the lineswoman have flagged it for offside?

Offside player was putting pressure on the Swedish defender who them miskicked the ball to the lass who scored, interference all day long. Ref's mistake but as she didn't spot it in real time she'd have given a goal anyway. Shouldn't the lineswoman have flagged it for offside?
It’s getting mental now!!!

Miles offside, obviously the Swedish defender only hoofed the ball because she was there and in a dangerous (as in one touch goal scoring!) position, and still stayed engaged in the play until the ball went in.

If that isn’t interfering with play, we should just leave a “goal hanger” in the box and tell him not to touch the ball, but be the biggest pest he can be in the hope that someone makes a bad touch, keeper drops the ball, etc, etc, etc...!

Ridiculous decision, especially considering it was reviewed by VAR and then even the ref herself went over to review it.

Unfathomable...

If that isn’t interfering with play
Unfortunately that has no relevance in the current offside laws.

There's a reason the referee gave it in real time, reviewed it, and still gave it after reviewing it herself. The real problem is the current offside laws.

There have been constant recent changes to the laws, to give more benefit to the attacker, personally I prefer it goes with the attacking side, rather than the defending (defensive, ie playing for offside) team.

VAR has already changed the handball law, it'll change the offside law (and probably a whole load more).

Unfortunately that has no relevance in the current offside laws.

There's a reason the referee gave it in real time, reviewed it, and still gave it after reviewing it herself. The real problem is the current offside laws.

There have been constant recent changes to the laws, to give more benefit to the attacker, personally I prefer it goes with the attacking side, rather than the defending (defensive, ie playing for offside) team.

VAR has already changed the handball law, it'll change the offside law (and probably a whole load more).
I have already spoken at length about how tinkering with the game in recent years is ruining it and NO-ONE seems to know what is an is not handball or offside! It is ridiculous!

And, I agree that it might be determined to not be offside, but then (as I said) we should just have goal hangers who pester the keeper and defenders, such that as soon as they touch the ball, you are now eligible to engage the ball!

These rule changes, and a few others, have the ability to change the game in ways we can’t even imagine yet. In short, ruin it! Ref had to add SECEN MINUTES extra time just for that one VAR event!

I have already spoken at length about how tinkering with the game in recent years is ruining it and NO-ONE seems to know what is an is not handball or offside! It is ridiculous!

And, I agree that it might be determined to not be offside, but then (as I said) we should just have goal hangers who pester the keeper and defenders, such that as soon as they touch the ball, you are now eligible to engage the ball!

These rule changes, and a few others, have the ability to change the game in ways we can’t even imagine yet. In short, ruin it! Ref had to add SECEN MINUTES extra time just for that one VAR event!
The time is my biggest issue of all, I will have to book later trains home ;-)

More seriously, I was originally in favour, but there are so many things that I don't like, I'm now against the ones I do like. I just think its being micro used to a point where referee's are being put under worse pressure than when we didn't have it, and without it being utterly transparent to the match going fan, who pays, its becoming a bloody joke, not to mention its effectively changing the laws of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.