Final or semi

obviously both were emotional and sweet but it has to be the final for me
just unbridled joy and relief and a sense of achievement and the feeling that we can now go on to achieve much much more.

the semi felt like the bigger game was edgier and the atmosphere could not be matched as it was a derby but with 35K supporters each!

the final felt lower key by comparison in terms of atmosphere and wasn't helped by the FA's failure, once more, to look after true football supporters with our pathetic allocation, but of course it was the more significant game as we have beaten the rags before many times but the final was a history changer and confirmation that City are back!

I felt different emotions at both games.

The semi - The whole day was just fantastic and a day of mixed emotions. Firstly, still being stuck in town at 10.30am waiting for scullys infamous last coach and wondering if we were going to get there.Then getting there and the emotion of the whole occasion. The final whistle and just grabbing hold of my son and hugging him like i never had done before.

The final - Completely different for me as i didnt have my son with me ( he didnt have enough points). It just didnt feel the same without him. Yes i got caught up in the emotion of the occasion, the final whistle and grabbing hold of any blue i could BUT for me it wasnt as good as the semi (but only cos my lad wasnt there).

Watching Carlos lift the cup will live with me forever but watching us beat the scum at Wembley in the semi with my son at the side of me was simply a perfect football occasion for me

Semi-final for me but that is because, as my ex gf said, I have my priorities all wrong.

Clubber said:
Both were great for different reason.

Semi - We beat the rags, which is always going to big, but on route to a major trophy. Sheer jubilation that we had stuck it to them arrogant wankers and actually making an FA cup so much more possible. We were the under dogs really and on such a big stage, showed we are a team that are going to do things.

The final - obviously brilliant, but also, felt like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulder. Relief that we were so close and actually grasped the opportunity, not only the fact that the wait had ended, but the knowing we had finally won something in my life time was overwhelming.

Both great experiences, but think the final may just pip the semi, due to the fact we were finally 'winners' again.

Bob on Clubber
I'd add to this that when Scholes was sent off Fergie had none of his soldiers on the pitch, I thought- 'THIS is the tipping point, not just of the match, but for the future- From this point we are now in the ascendency and they are in decline'. The final was the icing on the cake of what turned into a great season.

Both were memorable days, but for me, I celebrated hardest at the semi final. I thought I would have been more emotional at the end of the final; that's not to say that I wasn't truly delighted - it's just beating United is always more special for me.

whitycity said:
Semi-final for me but that is because, as my ex gf said, I have my priorities all wrong.

hahaha i guess thats why shes your ex?.... i like this one :D girlfriends come and go but city will always be there :D

moomba said:
I'm sure this has been done before, I've been watching both games again and rightly or wrongly think the semi was the bigger and better game.

For the semi, it was a derby, and I always had doubts about the result even when they went down to 10. Basically I was feeling sick from the morning of the match until the final whistle. For the final I was confident throughout, and I think it was missing that bit of edge. It was a great occasion, but looking back, it was maybe a bit comfortable. The semi was also the first trip for most of us to the new Wembley.

Both great occasions, and I won't forget either, but I think the semi is the one of the two I'll keep on Sky+

I was more delerious in the semi with pent up anger,frustration,hatred and longing for revenge - and more emotional and thoughtful in the Final (if that makes sense).

The Semi
Did not expect to win just hoped we would give them a game and if we lost lose with dignity.
Speaking to other older Blues on the roundabout before the match we all felt the same way.
That said we all were determined to be the 12th man.

After 42 years it was such a powerfull result not only emotionally but also through the media to the millions accross the world. We were no longer a football club that could be brushed aside.

The final seemed second best "An after the Lord Mayors Parade" feeling for me I thought we would be to powerfull for what was and still is a kick and run team,
Pullis is no tactical genius.

I spoke to a guy from the FA that had been there for 6 odd years now and he said he had never seen such a good atmosphere then what was on show at the semi final.

I think both occasions would have been fantastic. The united game would of been more electric and after the last few seasons of getting done by them it would of been a more quick hit of adrenalin.

The final was fantastic and our first trophy in years, however we all prob thought we could get over the line, compared to the United game where we all lowered our expectations in preparation for a defeat again.

Two games I'll never forgot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.