First Away Game

Bury, pre-season friendly 1970. Think we won 5-4.
I think my first non-friendly was also at Bury in the League Cup in 72-73. We lost 2-0.
I went to a pre-season friendly at Gigg Lane, although I thought it was a season or two before then.
The first City away match I definitely remember was against Newcastle United at SJP in Feb 1969.
It ended as a draw and then City beat them at Maine Road.

Huddersfield away 1997. 1-1 draw. Their ground had 3 stands at the time and we had all of one of them, something the inbred sheep shaggers forgot with all their WWYWYWS nonsense a few weeks ago.

The atmosphere and support that day was a revelation. Think it was around that time that City ‘till I die caught on. Sunderland certainly hadn’t robbed it by that point.

Huddersfield away 1997. 1-1 draw. Their ground had 3 stands at the time and we had all of one of them, something the inbred sheep shaggers forgot with all their WWYWYWS nonsense a few weeks ago.

The atmosphere and support that day was a revelation. Think it was around that time that City ‘till I die caught on. Sunderland certainly hadn’t robbed it by that point.
I went Huddersfield away the following season (97/98). Midweek game. Pissed down all night. We had the stand behind the goal but the rain was driving in and we had seats right at the end of the stand. Got absolutely soaked but won 3-1. Great times.

The Swamp 1962, won 3-2 with a last minute Alex Harley winner. Not been back there since. I remember my friend’s Dad holding on to us both as we were carried along in the crush afterwards, our feet not touching the ground. Literally, not metaphorically!

Good post Blue. That song makes my blood boil. Thick wankers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.