First City Goal You Saw Live

That was the day my wife went into labour with our first child, who is now 31 and a season ticket holder at City. Where have all them years gone. Roger Palmer came back to haunt us that day scoring a hat trick .
Brilliant! My first memory of Cory intertwined with one of yours!

First of a Tueart hattrick vs Newcastle, Boxing Day 1977. Must admit, standing in a packed Kippax that night and not being the tallest one to say the least, I hardly saw any of the goals if any that night. Didn’t matter. I was in ooh and aah standing in the Kippax and witnessing the return from injury by The King.
In those days you could actually CELEBRATE a fck goal we scored.

My first City match was against Blackpool, although they didn’t score (3-0 defeat). The colour struck me. I had seen Blackpool play a cup final (4-3) but that was in Black and White!

I did see Matthews play live but it was at Old Trafford. Matthews was 50!

I think that if Matthews could turn out at fifty so could David Silva! I remember him scoring. Memory, a bit shaky these days, tells me he raced from the halfway line in a solo breakaway. Pitch was a veritable shitheap!

I was at this game also....my first goal was also King Colin but it was in the home derby early in the same season we lost 2 1 in front of 63.000
.....and mine, sat on a barrier in the corner next to the main stand. I was 8 at the time. Charlton scored twice to win it for them but we took the spoils at the end of the season

Gary Owen 11/11/78 Maine Road
1-2 loss to Derby County

Hooked ever since.
Remember Gary Owen’s debut against Wolves at Maine Road. City down 2-1, me and my dad came out of the game early. Whilst walking around the back of the Platt Lane, City got a penalty and hearing the cheers we ran back in to see Dennis Tueart convert. We should learned our lesson and stayed till the end of the game but my dad wanted to get the bus early for some reason and as we were walking past the Kippax we heard the cheer as Mike Doyle scored the winner. Happy memories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.