First City Goal You Saw Live

First game Palace 1 . City 0 on a monday night April 1970. Second game Spurs 2 city 0 26th September 1970. I kept the faith .... 3rd game first goal and win chelsea 0 city 3 January 1971 FACup.... Colin Bell. I was 14.
I can remember this clearly but cant remember what i had for dinner yesterday !

First one i remember was Law v Birmingham at home, they were in (that dirty colour). 73/74 i think. Remember thinking that Plymouth had great support at ours too in the cup. Easily impressed at 8 years old.

First game Palace 1 . City 0 on a monday night April 1970. Second game Spurs 2 city 0 26th September 1970. I kept the faith .... 3rd game first goal and win chelsea 0 city 3 January 1971 FACup.... Colin Bell. I was 14.
I can remember this clearly but cant remember what i had for dinner yesterday !

Took me three games as well to see my first City goal, Francis Lee penalty against QPR in October 73 at Maine Road; first two games were 1-0 defeat at home to Leeds and a 0-0 draw at the Swamp

Unlike a lot of City fans we won my first match. Bobby Johnstone got the first and Don Revie the second. Clean sheet for Trautmann and Dave Ewing kept the Seasiders at bay.
Might have been at this one myself, maybe my second match. (Were you the lad in the blue & white bobble hat cheering Stan Matthews?)

1970 linfield v city European cup winners cup, city loss 2-1 Francis Lee scoring , remember it like was yesterday.

David Phillips banging in the only goal of the game v Boro in March 1985. Think I can remember what it was like but never seen it since, so not sure!

Franny - 12 May 69 - we beat Liverpool 1 - 0 at home - I was 8 years old. I still have vivid memories of that game.

Checking back, it was Mick Shannon in a 3-1 win against Wolves in 1979. I think we were 3-0 up at halftime. I hadn’t quite grasped the concept of changing ends, so when Wolves scored in the second half I jumped up because I thought that’s what you did. Clearly I hadn’t even grasped the concept of different kits either! I was 26.

First one I really remember was Paul Moulden against Everton in 1986. It was nearly Christmas and I think we lost 3-1 to the remnants of the last really good Everton side. Seem to remember it was a low drive from the edge of the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.