First City Goal You Saw Live

First goal was against Aston Villa first game of the season 1976 .Not sure who scored but the result was 2-0 to City
Just looked it up..1976-77 season

Tueart and Watson scored in front of 41k fans It was the 2nd game of the season,..opening day match was at Leicester ..a 2-2 draw
This was the season Colin the King missed totally after being butchered by Buchan the season before.We finished 2nd in the league. .and had a team full of internationals..And a Fantastic all Blue strip.. .Umbro I think..

Francis Lee v Chelsea April 1971

Last minute equalizer after fouling the entire Chelsea defence (according to my dad who had a better view).

New years eve 1977 2-0 win against Villa, Peter Barnes and Brian Kidd. Top of a rammed Kippax couldn't see a thing remember my Dad lifting me up briefly to get a view and it's an image I'll never forget thousands of people floodlit pitch and the players looking tiny. Not long after me and my mate were told to hide our scarves and we ended up in the away end! My dad and his mate obviously kept a low profile but I remember some confused looks in the paddock below when 2 8 year olds cheered the City goals.

Just looked it up..1976-77 season

Tueart and Watson scored in front of 41k fans It was the 2nd game of the season,..opening day match was at Leicester ..a 2-2 draw
This was the season Colin the King missed totally after being butchered by Buchan the season before.We finished 2nd in the league. .and had a team full of internationals..And a Fantastic all Blue strip.. .Umbro I think..
Cheers

Can't recall whether Matthews was playing but I still think the standout of the game was the colour of the Blackpool shirts.
My first City match was against Blackpool, although they didn’t score (3-0 defeat). The colour struck me. I had seen Blackpool play a cup final (4-3) but that was in Black and White!

I did see Matthews play live but it was at Old Trafford. Matthews was 50!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.