First ever Manchester Derby final

90% of the fights I’ve seen at Wembley have been blue on blue!
Worst fighting I’ve seen at sporting events in recent decades have been at rugby league finals at Wembley and Old Trafford. The worst were two different groups of Leeds fans in the Warrington end fighting with each other.

The footy is quite sanitised these days but there are still fights. And like you say there are always City fans fighting with each other on the big days.

I always remember someone telling me about a derby at Maine Road and two lads were scrapping at the turnstiles, both hammering lumps out of each other, and one says, ‘you fuckin red bastard’… and the other said, ‘me a red, you’re the fucking red aren’t you?’… ‘no’… ‘what you’re a Blue?’… ‘yeah, why are you?’… ‘yeah!’… and they shook hands, said sorry and walked in!

I didn’t see any trouble either apart from United coaches getting cans thrown at them. We came in on a mixed tube from Harrow giving it the big one and it was fine. I’ve seen YouTube videos of a few incidents on the day but I also saw one of a carriage of mouthy United fans getting steamed when the tube doors opened.
That was the Liverpool Charity Shield wasn’t it? 7 fans got arrested for that.

Had a city fan call in on 5 live saying she's dreading it because of the potential toxicity of this game, said the Sheff u fans were bad enough after the game yesterday. Not heard anything about this, but she said they were really bad
Thought they were sound to be fair the ones I spoke to were alright anyway

Be different for a final. 90% of the losing teams fans will be well on their way home before 90% of the winning team fans have even left the ground.
Did you go to the villa league cup final? My kids will never leave til our last player has left the pitch so we left as late as anyone but still encountered thousands of villa fans after, a good proportion of them behaving like cunts, mouthy rather than fighting though. Same with Watford, encountered thousands of them after the match, they just happened to be well behaved, a credit to their club

Worst fighting I’ve seen at sporting events in recent decades have been at rugby league finals at Wembley and Old Trafford. The worst were two different groups of Leeds fans in the Warrington end fighting with each other.

The footy is quite sanitised these days but there are still fights. And like you say there are always City fans fighting with each other on the big days.

I always remember someone telling me about a derby at Maine Road and two lads were scrapping at the turnstiles, both hammering lumps out of each other, and one says, ‘you fuckin red bastard’… and the other said, ‘me a red, you’re the fucking red aren’t you?’… ‘no’… ‘what you’re a Blue?’… ‘yeah, why are you?’… ‘yeah!’… and they shook hands, said sorry and walked in!
When we played united in the charity shield in 2012 I was told that City got their firm organized and met up in watford so they could walk up Wembley way. They saw another firm outside a pub, steamed down the road and found out it was a second City firm so they all laughed and teamed up. That’s what I was told, I don’t know if it was exaggerated or not.

I didn’t see any trouble either apart from United coaches getting cans thrown at them. We came in on a mixed tube from Harrow giving it the big one and it was fine. I’ve seen YouTube videos of a few incidents on the day but I also saw one of a carriage of mouthy United fans getting steamed when the tube doors opened.
didnt see one united fan on the way down or the way back home but if i remember didnt we have the M6 and M40 with them having M6,M1, im sure this was done to avoid trouble at the service stations

When we played united in the charity shield in 2012 I was told that City got their firm organized and met up in watford so they could walk up Wembley way. They saw another firm outside a pub, steamed down the road and found out it was a second City firm so they all laughed and teamed up. That’s what I was told, I don’t know if it was exaggerated or not.
That was written on here iirc.

Am confused there's only one team in Manchester
We will win comfortably.
And more than hold our own in and around Wembley
IT'S GREAT BEING A BLUE CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.