First ever Manchester Derby final

Then I must be the exception that proves the rule as they say or maybe I'm not sane. I would not give them anything ever!! Sorry but I will stay as the not sane City fan. :-)
I,m with with you Eccles, if thats how it ends up so be it, but no way would i take that option given the choice. To them tw*ts and the media it would somehow be the greater achievement.

Thought i was perfectly sane, till read previous post.

I’m not so convinced this time that there will be a huge uptake from the “football family “ Those tickets largely still have to be paid for. I went to a couple of finals myself in the 80s, as a neutral just for a day out.

But looking at the prices someone posted for last years final and maybe adding another 10% on top this year, you’re going to be looking at over £300 for two Cat 1 tickets. And over a monkey for two on the second tier. I’m not sure many neutrals will be interested in that day just for a day out.

Until yesterday I’d have said United fans would snap up any amount of spares at any price. But looking at all the empties yesterday, I’m not even too sure about that.
The "football family" tickets don't go to neutrals. They go to fans. I wish people would get this. For any game at Wembley if you take out the middle tier each team have about 36,000 fans there. That's why we get a smaller allocation for some gamaes but on the day its' alwasy 50/50.

I used to have the chance in 2 raffles with the option to by FF tickets and the demand was enormous if united had a sniff, as they were done before the semis. Most people who entered wouldn't attend top level matches regularly as fans as they were busy on Saturdays, so that was the only way they were getting there. I think they were the £145 ones for Watford Cat 1 as opposed to ex-Club Wem 2nd tier. I reckon every clubs and association in England has 2 united fans who would go.

Until yesterday I’d have agreed with you for sure. I know it was only a semi but I was shocked to be honest that nearly 10,000 of the dearer tickets were left unsold.

You’re probably still right with it been the final but I just wonder if the price has finally caught up with a lot of casual ‘fans’ who might think that even as a one off treat the price can’t be justified?

The "football family" tickets don't go to neutrals. They go to fans. I wish people would get this. For any game at Wembley if you take out the middle tier each team have about 36,000 fans there. That's why we get a smaller allocation for some gamaes but on the day its' alwasy 50/50.

I’m talking about the tickets that go to all the other clubs not in the final. All the regional FAs. All the regional referees associations. The military. The NHS. etc. They may end up mainly with fans of the finalists but they aren’t allocated to the clubs involved, which is why I’m saying ‘neutrals.’

I think people are worrying too much about trouble. Last time was a perfect storm because 90% of blues were over by the green man/roundabout and didn’t go near Wembley way. This will also be a different United crowd as tickets will be scarce.

The demographic has completely changed in the last decade. You will see miles more families and kids with their Dads at the football now. And a large contingent of Asian lads, who don't drink or go around in moronic packs. You only have to look at the fan channels outside grounds after games and you will see a big shift in the types of people who go to games now.

I’m talking about the tickets that go to all the other clubs not in the final. All the regional FAs. All the regional referees associations. The military. The NHS. etc. They may end up mainly with fans of the finalists but they aren’t allocated to the clubs involved, which is why I’m saying ‘neutrals.’
I know because I get them from a friend whenever City a final. They go to all the FA member clubs but to buy one you have to state which club you are supporting. So for an FA Cup final there are maybe 5000 tickets in each end which are sold via those routes. If they aren't taken up they go to the club to sell in addition to their inital allocation

My point is that the vast majority of these tickets don't go to neutrals, they go to fans of the clubs playing. There are neutrals/corporate people on level 2 abnd in that block around the halfway line but very few in tiers one and three.

I've already emailed my local FA stating asking if they can help with obtaining tickets in the City end.

My one and only concern is then, being the petty cunts they are, go out to hurt us physically.

Wouldn’t put it past them to try to hurt haaland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.