First ever Manchester Derby final

Can Avanti West Coast/M6 cope with 60k Mancs travelling to London at once? I'm on the same page as you - between the size of the allocation, the fact a lot of folk already have plans for June 3, and the logistical challenge, I think there might be more availability than we'd expect. The cheaper tickets will go quick though. For Mancs based in London - students, younger workers etc - it's a dream.
There won't be 60,000 fans going from Manchester mate..we will get about 30,000 and the rags might scrape together a following of 5000 from North West area..
At the semi in 2011 all I heard were Gobby southern rags and none from Manchester.

Why does this nonsense keep cropping up?

We have a team of lads,at least half a dozen,who would kick fuck out of most if things turn physical/nasty.
Because they can injure one of ours and then have the shit kicked out of them, it doesn’t stop that player being Crocked.

I know because I get them from a friend whenever City a final. They go to all the FA member clubs but to buy one you have to state which club you are supporting. So for an FA Cup final there are maybe 5000 tickets in each end which are sold via those routes. If they aren't taken up they go to the club to sell in addition to their inital allocation

My point is that the vast majority of these tickets don't go to neutrals, they go to fans of the clubs playing. There are neutrals/corporate people on level 2 abnd in that block around the halfway line but very few in tiers one and three.

Ok, I don’t think we’re actually disagreeing on anything.

I can usually get two extras from an outside organisation. The way they allocate them is if they have more applications than tickets, it goes off how many of their monthly meetings you’ve attended for priority. Fortunately my guy always gives his apologies if he can’t make it. As apologies count the same as if you’ve attended, he’s always 100% and top of the list.

The football family will take their tickets so we won't get anything like we got for Watford, and for Stoke we had less season ticket holders and they missed out.

For everyone put off there will be double wanting to go. All sponsors and partners, and hospitality, staff and ex staff will want as many as they can get. I think closers to 28k allocated and 5k will be top sliced.
Allocations for Liverpool and Chelsea last year were 30,500. Liverpool were going for the quad so huge demand. I cannot see why we won't get that figure.

Has the kick-off time been announced yet?

Apologies if it's been asked already.
Police won't sanction 5-30 and are proposing no later than 3pm.

Probably be a compromise at 4pm but all finals should be at 3pm and semis at club grounds as they were for over a hundred years !!

It was awful on Wembley way after the semi in 2011. I know I won’t be going back that way this time. Once you are on WW , it’s impossible to get out with the crowd all around you if it kicks off.
I understand why people are concerned.
I’m no shrinking violet but I walked out down WW after that game relatively early post match (as my Dad wanted to get back to out hotel in central London and he was about 68 god rest him) and it was the least comfortable I’ve ever felt at a football game. Saw more than a couple sky punches thrown at blues minding their own business by feral scum in packs that afternoon.

I’d be staying to watch the full ceremony and waiting until the majority of City fans were leaving if I was going in June.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.