First ever Manchester Derby final

I’m no shrinking violet but I walked out down WW after that game relatively early post match (as my Dad wanted to get back to out hotel in central London and he was about 68 god rest him) and it was the least comfortable I’ve ever felt at a football game. Saw more than a couple sky punches thrown at blues minding their own business by feral scum in packs that afternoon.

I’d be staying to watch the full ceremony and waiting until the majority of City fans were leaving if I was going in June.
We were fortunate in that regard as we were heading back the other way to Wembley Central station and on to Watford and our hotel in Hemel Hempstead so we missed all the shenanigans on WW. As you say Sam, it was blues leaving not long after the final whistle who got caught up in it, and with United fans doing the fire drill just before full time and being on that side of the stadium anyway, City fans making their way down WW were ridiculously outnumbered.

This time round we're staying in Stevenage so I think Wembley Park/Wembley Way is the natural way in and out for us and we might find ourselves in a trickier situation compared to last time. Suppose it depends on what side of the ground we get plus exiting the ground with the main body of City fans will be important too.

Hope they arrange more trains. 2 hour wait in the rain to get into Wembley park station, packed tube to Green park, same to Victoria. 3 southern trans cancelled and the 10.15 Victoria to Brighton was only 4 carriges long. Not ideal when when 34,000 Brighton and 20,000 rags trying to get home..

Police won't sanction 5-30 and are proposing no later than 3pm.

Probably be a compromise at 4pm but all finals should be at 3pm and semis at club grounds as they were for over a hundred years !!
FA Cup game should be last game of PL domestic season with KO at 3.00pm.

We were fortunate in that regard as we were heading back the other way to Wembley Central station and on to Watford and our hotel in Hemel Hempstead so we missed all the shenanigans on WW. As you say Sam, it was blues leaving not long after the final whistle who got caught up in it, and with United fans doing the fire drill just before full time and being on that side of the stadium anyway, City fans making their way down WW were ridiculously outnumbered.

This time round we're staying in Stevenage so I think Wembley Park/Wembley Way is the natural way in and out for us and we might find ourselves in a trickier situation compared to last time. Suppose it depends on what side of the ground we get plus exiting the ground with the main body of City fans will be important too.
We left via the roundabout and then Wembley Central station, via a couple of pints and a sing song in a pub which let us in the back door then more beers in that big pub by the tube when it opened. Didn't see any United fans at all.

There won't be 60,000 fans going from Manchester mate..we will get about 30,000 and the rags might scrape together a following of 5000 from North West area..
At the semi in 2011 all I heard were Gobby southern rags and none from Manchester.
No guarantees it will play out the same as 2011 though. This is a final with two Manc teams, one of whom has nothing else to look forward to, the other of which has loads to look forward to, at half-term, on the same day when others will be travelling down to see Beyonce at Spuds. My point is that there's a good chance that travelling down won't be seamless. Others will be thinking that and it might put some of our ST holders off, freeing up tickets for those who want to be there at all costs. Happy to be proved wrong. Time will tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.