First footage of police cracking a few skulls.

Let's even put aside the matter of guilt for the moment, which seems to be irrelevant to some unfortunate utter degenerate twats on here, and let's assume guilt. The guy gets off his bicycle, he's surrounded and outnumbered and clearly not resisting arrest at that point. Whatever he might have done earlier is now completely irrelevant. Police are no different to the rest of us. They are required to use only the force necessary to make an arrest or protect themselves from attack. It is then up to the courts to convict if there's sufficient evidence and the policeman or woman gets their salary rather than stand before the judge - assuming they carried out their job properly. That's how it works and that's how it should work. If not, why don't we just dispense of an ourselves of an expensive court system, prison system and policing and just have mob and counter-mob and save ourselves a bundle in taxes?

Something else about how it works: an individual is assumed to be responsible for their own actions and nobody else's. A lot of people are arguing for arbitrary beatings (and let us assume that a beating is legitimate punishment - which it isn't) or what has laughably been labelled 'summary justice' (which is an actual legal term with a specific meaning and is being raped here to make the person sound authoritative) predicated on the notion that an individual within a mob (who may only have been a spectator) is now considered responsible for arson, looting etc. to make an example or so forth. That is collective punishment and has no justification whatsoever in law in any civilised country. It is even banned in wartime occupation under the Geneva Convention. So plenty on here would be war criminals if they ever carried out their words in a wartime situation. Fortunately I suspect it's just hot air coming from internet hardmen. There's been a lot of that over the past few days. If they come to our town they said (when they were in London and it was easy to say), I'm rounding up the boys. When they did come to your town it changed to, if they come out again tomorrow I'm rounding up the boys, meanwhile they continued posting on Bluemoon even as the riots were unfolding. Fortunately, your blushes seem to have been spared by Manchester's propensity to rain.

Skashion said:
Let's even put aside the matter of guilt for the moment, which seems to be irrelevant to some unfortunate utter degenerate twats on here, and let's assume guilt. The guy gets off his bicycle, he's surrounded and outnumbered and clearly not resisting arrest at that point. Whatever he might have done earlier is now completely irrelevant. Police are no different to the rest of us. They are required to use only the force necessary to make an arrest or protect themselves from attack. It is then up to the courts to convict if there's sufficient evidence and the policeman or woman gets their salary rather than stand before the judge - assuming they carried out their job properly. That's how it works and that's how it should work. If not, why don't we just dispense of an ourselves of an expensive court system, prison system and policing and just have mob and counter-mob and save ourselves a bundle in taxes?

Something else about how it works: an individual is assumed to be responsible for their own actions and nobody else's. A lot of people are arguing for arbitrary beatings (and let us assume that a beating is legitimate punishment - which it isn't) or what has laughably been labelled 'summary justice' (which is an actual legal term with a specific meaning and is being raped here to make the person sound authoritative) predicated on the notion that an individual within a mob (who may only have been a spectator) is now considered responsible for arson, looting etc. to make an example or so forth. That is collective punishment and has no justification whatsoever in law in any civilised country. It is even banned in wartime occupation under the Geneva Convention. So plenty on here would be war criminals if they ever carried out their words in a wartime situation. Fortunately I suspect it's just hot air coming from internet hardmen. There's been a lot of that over the past few days. If they come to our town they said (when they were in London and it was easy to say), I'm rounding up the boys. When they did come to your town it changed to, if they come out again tomorrow I'm rounding up the boys, meanwhile they continued posting on Bluemoon even as the riots were unfolding. Fortunately, your blushes seem to have been spared by Manchester's propensity to rain.

tumblr_lkg7779swx1qgisg4.gif

mcmanus said:
I have said it before and will say it again. It was not a 'beating' it was a few blows with a heavy stick.

haha this. Were some of you privately schooled and kept in the confines of your own homes for your whole childhood? I've hit my mates harder than that just messing about.

cyberblue said:
what crime exactly has the kids on the bikes commited ? there are plenty of other scrotes been on telly latley i would have liked to see get a crack
We don't know from the video but it seems to have been a co-ordinated action against that group, with a TAU team behind them driving them into another group. That suggest they were very keen to catch them.

Reporters on the scene were saying that kids on bikes were the organisers, keeping an eye out for the police and telling looters where to go next.

Captain Kompany said:
mcmanus said:
I have said it before and will say it again. It was not a 'beating' it was a few blows with a heavy stick.

haha this. Were some of you privately schooled and kept in the confines of your own homes for your whole childhood? I've hit my mates harder than that just messing about.

CK I don't really agree with most of your comments but on this I will.

There HAS to be some sort of fear of the police. If you act up smashing town to pieces, looting shops or being part of a baying mob then don't expect to police to ask 'hi young man do you mind putting on these manacles on and jumping in the back of this big van? theres a good fellow'.

And I am a soft leftie.

mcmanus said:
Captain Kompany said:
mcmanus said:

There HAS to be some sort of fear of the police. If you act up smashing town to pieces, looting shops or being part of a baying mob then don't expect to police to ask 'hi young man do you mind putting on these manacles on and jumping in the back of this big van? theres a good fellow'.

And I am a soft leftie.

Are you named in honour of Tim McManus from Oz?

mcmanus said:
It was worse than what has PC Simon Harwood facing trial on manslaughter charges. Police should know better than anyone else that sheer bad luck could end up in a relatively minor incident causing death. Who's not heard a story about someone being punched, hitting the floor, smacking their head on concrete or a pavement and ending up in a coma or dead. It happened in a pub fight of a pub I was in the same night called The Chaplin (now The Bulls Head) in Rowley Regis in the West Midlands a few years back. The police deal with these incidents so they know all about it and should be the least blasé about using any violence when it's not necessary either to defend themselves or make an arrest.

mcmanus said:
Captain Kompany said:
mcmanus said:

And I am a soft leftie.

In those situations you probably develop a blood lust in the heat of the battle. I know I would. We've all had those moments when we want to club a chav to near death.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.