First Match Memories??? Help.

i remember. it was against westbrom at home about 7 or 8 years back.
it was such a unique experiance. the ground, the fans, and the food(that wasn't a good one). the first game and bluemoon was the first song i learned.
i then kept on repeating it in my head until i learnt it off by heart. it was the stuff of dreams. and i was hooked ever since. iv'e had a season ticket ever since and have only missed a couple of home games since then. and go most away games.

the emotion, the passion and pride that you have for your club cannot be controlled. from when you are most annoyed, to when you are over joyed. the club your brought up with is the club you will die with.
it's not about winning its about loving your club and being proud of the club you support.

I remember being 5 years old in the Kippax, wrapped in about 7 jackets because it was freezing.

Mine was in the 76/77 season at home to Leicester. Went with my best mate, who was not at all interested in football, and his dad who was an avid city fan. Sat in the North Stand. Don't remember much about it apart from my mate was counting the bulbs in the floodlights and I wanted him to shut the fuck up cos I couldn't take my eyes off the action. The goals started flowing and I remember when it got to 3-0, my mates dad saying "there were plenty more goals yet. It'll finish 5 or 6 this".

It finished 5-0 and Brian Kidd scored 4. I remember Kiddo getting injured scoring one of the goals and having treatment right in front of me on the pitch.

At 8 years old I was hooked from that point on. I was brought up in a predominantly red family, so I always thank my mates dad for turning me blue. He died in the late 80's god rest his soul.

In my second game we beat Chelsea 6-2. I thought this is a piece of piss. It didn't take me long to find out that wasn't the case

I was about 9 which makes it some time around 71/2
We, my cousin Terri and myself, sat in the back of her dads Hillman Hunter while my dad sat in the front with him. They both loved City and had seen them recently win the league(68) FA Cup(69) and European Cup Winners Cup(70) and they talked like we were the best team in the world. I remember the smell of the cigars her dad smoked and that smell today still gives me a warm happy feeing.They both had big sheepskin coats liker Malcolm Allisons.
I remember going through the turnstiles and looking at the bloke behind the cage and thinking it was odd.
I was given a programme that seemed the most precious thing in the world to me.
Walking up the back of the Kippax and seeing the green grass for the first time took my breath away. I will never forget it and from that moment I was a City fan even before I saw a live ball kicked. I'd seen games on tele but this was just out of this world...the atmosphere, the smells, the roar of the crowd...amazing. We played Coventry I think who wore green and black stripes and my memory says we won 4-0

My first game watching City was at Old Trafford on the 27th April 1974, the infamous Dennis Law back heal.
In truth I hadn't been to watch City live before and I was really looking forward to the game having listened to my Grandad telling stories of Newcastle in 68 and how on away games they used to go past Owed Trafford in the car and pee up the Stretford End back wall, apparently others did it also!!!!
Well, my Dad who was a cop at Stretford Nick had sneaked me into Owed Trafford 3 or 4 times that season when he was working on the match and stood me in the Old Scoreboard Paddock, the one in the corner with the wooden floor. Think he was trying to influence me as he was an armchair red. (ironically he's had a seasoncard at City for 8 years now, my influence!)
I remember the crackling atmosphere and the constant trouble and skirmishes in the crowd. A few blues would run down the touchline from other parts of the ground to try and join fellow blues in the Scoreboard End.
So, Dennis scores and thats the start of the most vivid memories for me as an elleven year old. The pitch invasions and trouble insoide and outside the stadium went on for about an hour. I got cracked around the head by City and United fans but to be honest I went to see Grandad after the game and told him there was no way I was going to support United, City were for me, the United fans are really nasty I told him and they don't like losing........No change there then.
The next time we won was abviously the Munich 50 year anniversary, I was lucky enough to be there too, don't suppose many have done that? I sneaked me and my mate in for free also via a steward I know. Great days.

My first match was City v West Ham, the first home match of the 08/09 season - so i'm a fairly new blue! I was 16 at the time and had never really been interested in football before then (probably the biggest regret of my life). I won two tickets through a competition at work by sheer chance, so I thought "why not?"
I will never forget the moment I walked through the entrance and out into the stands, the sight of the fans and the pitch, the sounds and colours - it just stunned me! When Sturridge hit the back of the net on 65 minutes, I knew id be a city fan for life. The roar of the crowd was electrifying, and i found myself jumping and cheering like a madman for a team i'd know nothing about the day before! Elano scored twice in the next 10 minutes and became my favourite player! The songs and chants of the city fans (and the stillness and silence of the away fans!) was just unbelievable...
It ended 3-0 and I haven't missed a single game since. I went to as many games as I could for the rest of the season and bought a season card at the earliest opportunity. Some rags call me a glory hunter for only starting to support city when the money came in, but it really was by pure chance that i won that ticket and became a blue and developed a love for the game! Now i'm the biggest city fan in my work and play football every week. I have just purchased a wembley ticket for next week. COME ON CITY!!!

Brought up as a city fan courtesy of my grandad but first game at Maine road i went to was a pre- season tournament game against united in 1987 (ish) Remember it being a fairly late kick off and I think there were 2 days of games between 4 teams. PSV were one of the 2 foreign teams along with us and utd! The smell of "herbal cigarettes" on the kippax and the walk back in to town through moss side are memories I will never ever forget. Pal I went with said he knew a short cut!!!! Was fortunate to be able to go on a regular basis after that and for any younger blues who never went to Maine road, all I can say is, unlucky, it was a magical place!

Sat 16 sept 1972.

Was 9 at the time, sat in the main stand. Remember We won 2-1 but didn't remember until checked that Rodney scored both.

As a 9 year old couldn't work out why a London side had a full back, can't remember his name, who came from Bolton. Guess I didn't forsee todays global game.

My first match..... can't remember the year or much of the match it's self, Main Road vs Blackburn we were top of div 1 and i was sat in the scaffolding stand inbetween north and kippax it finished, we won 2-1, i remember the 'top of the league' and blue moon of course and a guy who was sat next to my older brother who took me who had a cap with the peak cut off and i will always remember him standing up and shouting " I LIKE SPAM " towards the blackburn fans. Priceless!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.