First Match Memories??? Help.

tottenham white hart lane,
i remember it being freezing and packin chees sandwiches. the noise was the thing that i remember most though.

on 26th dec 1977 my dad took me to city. We walked along through the crowds,the smells,the banter and the laughter. We stood in the Kippax about around the half way line and watched the events unfurl!

I was dressed in full city kit including socks,shinpads and boots! Me dad was against the idea but I was having none of it!

The game and atmosphere was magical!surreal. In the second half the long awaited return of Nijinski occurred. He came onto the pitch after a horrendous butchering by Martin Buchan and finished the game! To see him play live was a dream.

City won 4-0! the perfect start to a tough relationship. Little did I know that the new love of my life would make me laugh cry and be indifferent on many many occasions! she would question my loyalty and my sanity, but 34 years later my love is still as strong as it was on that first night.

salfordpaul said:
on 26th dec 1977 my dad took me to city. We walked along through the crowds,the smells,the banter and the laughter. We stood in the Kippax about around the half way line and watched the events unfurl!

I was dressed in full city kit including socks,shinpads and boots! Me dad was against the idea but I was having none of it!

The game and atmosphere was magical!surreal. In the second half the long awaited return of Nijinski occurred. He came onto the pitch after a horrendous butchering by Martin Buchan and finished the game! To see him play live was a dream.

City won 4-0! the perfect start to a tough relationship. Little did I know that the new love of my life would make me laugh cry and be indifferent on many many occasions! she would question my loyalty and my sanity, but 34 years later my love is still as strong as it was on that first night.

There's thousands past (RIP) and present that feel the same way.

1981. FA Cup QF against Everton. I was only 7 and the family had just moved to Manchester the year before. We were living in Fallowfield and my Dad took me down to Maine Road to let me soak up the atmosphere from outside. I don't think he actually had the intention of going in, but he must have got caught up in it all and in we went. I will never forget the noise and the view as we came down the stairs at the back of the Kippax.

From that day on, we were both hooked!

CTID (and beyond!)

The earliest game I can remember was Spurs at home back in 93-94(ish). We beat them 5-2 and it was the first time I thought to myself....I'll have more of this please.

I had been to other city games before this but as my dad started taking me quite young I don't remember earlier ones.

Dad used to support Chelsea, but that was put right as soon as he moved up North and was taken to a few games by his fellow Blue work colleagues.

Used to sit in the Platt Lane Stand right behind the goal on row 7.

Remember getting to the ground and just marvelling at how big the place was.

My love for the club has gone from strength to strength and will never die.

1992-1993 Forest at home and we drew 2-2. Can't remember much about the game but I'm pretty David White scored.

I was in the Kippax with my dad and his 2 mates sat on the barrier whilst nervously looking round to see my dad was no longer behind due to being swept away in a chorus of bluemoon.

Anyway it was belting and David White was fast as fuck. Ahhhhhhhh if only our manager now would like us to have pace in our side.

Chris Quinton 26

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.