First Match Memories??? Help.

Think it was 1982 aged about 10. City 0 Everton 0. Bizarrely remember attendance as 32,002. Main memory is that Everton fans below us in the Platt Lane charged up and City fans above charged down. Me and mate duck under seats as battle ensues. Everton fans then removed. The good old days.

versus QPR, about 92-93. 4 - 1 i think. Got bought a scarf, still got to this day.

Brad

Coventry at home 70/71 as a 7 year old, 1-1 with a twice taken Lee pen.

My thoughts when the game started was that there was no commentry through the speakers!!!!!

Can't remember much of the game but was surrounded by noise sitting on a barrier in th Kippax with my late dad behind me in case I fell.

September 1955. City v Blackpool. We won 2-0. Don Revie and Bobby Johnstone. We played Blackpool four times that season - a Cup draw was as good as Blackpool got against us. Still trying to find out if Stanley Matthews played. Fifty-six years on I've still not found out. But those tangerine shirts are still a vivid picture in me 'ead.

Early to mid sixties. I think it was a FA Cup replay, night game against Newcastle -60k -no roof on the old scoreboard/ northstand as I remember. My Dad let me go with the Youth club at Holy Trinity from round the corner off Claremont Road. He was worried and came to the match - needless to say he didnt find me and got his wallet lifted with 2 weeks wages in!! Got separated from some of my friends and when a wall collapsed at the front they were taken into the dressing room area - stuffy gits. Went with my Dad next day and got the wallet - was behing one of the cisterns in the Kippax -gangs used to operate at the big games. Won 2 nil I think.

V Coventry Jan 1996. Sat in the North Stand

1-1. Uwe put us 1 up, than Dion Dublin equalised.

Watched the final few moments stood at the cramped exit with about 500 other fans.

Then someone let the stinkiest, most gut-wrenching fart ever go, and I've honestly never seen a faster evacuation!!

Manchester city 1 sheff weds 0

Can't remember exactly what year but I was in the main stand, buster Phillips up top, rosler rumoured to be leaving, what a game city had to win and we did uwe warming up side of pitch gave me an autograph chuffed to bits massive essay to do for school for the Monday worried as ewt, we won 1.0 and after the game I waited outside for autographs and to see the players frontzeck gave me the shittest scribble I have ever seen in my life and left as if no fan is worth anything to the club !!!! Did I care? No I was a blue until the day I die!!!!!! Hooked for ever!

First game was against Spurs at WHL in the 70's. Mum took me to the game and at half time she asked me what I had in my pockets. Apparently I said I bought my boots just in case they needed a sub. She always reminds me of that one. Not sure what the score was, I was just in awe of everything around me especially the men in sky blue shirts.

My dad is a red and an ex season ticket holder at the swamp, he took me to my first game at maine Road in 69/70 vs Spurs after I mithered him to take me.
It was 1-1 with our goal scored by Alan Oakes.
I remember getting the 105 from Benchill, getting off at the bus depot on Princess Road and walking to the ground. When we got to the shops near the Parkside my dad bought me a blue and white rosette from a street vendor.
I`M sure we stood on the North Stand, i still have the match programme.

Thanks Dad for not making me follow in your footsteps!!!

City 2-3 QPR

Last day of the 94/95 season. I'd really got into it that year and the first City game I remember watching was the away win over Blackburn on Easter Monday. It was the year they won the title and we went to my grandad's to watch it because he had Sky. It was pissing it down. We'd beaten Liverpool at Maine Road on the good Friday and Sky were replaying that game in full on the Sunday I think it was and I mithered my parents that I could go and watch it at my Grandad's. They said seeing the Blackburn game live would be better but I thought we'd lose that so I wasn't too impressed. We taped the game too and over the next couple of years I used to watch the video every morning before school. I could quote the commentary almost off by heart! "He'll have a headache tomorrow morning but not before" was one line about Kernaghan.

So by the end of the season as a treat my dad took me to Maine Road for the QPR game. I remember parking what seemed like miles from the ground and having to do that sort of run you do to keep up with your dad. It probably wasn't even half as far as I walk now from the city centre to COMS. Then the biggest thing I remember is walking up the steps into the stand and the sight of the inside of Maine Road for the first time. I remember people singing 'if you hate Man United clap your hands' and Burridge playing. Oh and thinking Ferdinand was good for QPR but I can't remember any specifics about the game really. I don't think I was too arsed that we lost. More excited that I could say at school on the Monday that I'd been to the game, a status that put me above pretty much all the rags who had never been to a game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.