Fish And Chips

I can remember my dad in the 70's he would drive all over thanet trying to find a decent chippie.
Back than 99% would leave the skin on and 100% didn't do mushie peas or gravy.

It's ok'ish now but they still aren't as nice as the chippie by Mary D's or from Cornwall.

It puzzles me how the worst chippie's in the area are always on the national top ten. Honestly they are rotten.

40 miles for Fish & Chips is a bit too far, but the reviews confirm your opinion mate.

I have never been to Harry Ramsdens is it any good?
Harry Ramsdons used to be very good back in the day before it became a franchise, nowadays it's hit or miss depending if you go to a good un or not. Ramsdens is expensive for what you get so I don't eat in them anymore. I think Matts Plaice in Bredbury is the best in the area although The Codfather in Northwich and Kays in Cleveleys are very good. But Yorkshire English chippies are (generally) the best I think.

Harry Ramsdons used to be very good back in the day before it became a franchise, nowadays it's hit or miss depending if you go to a good un or not. Ramsdens is expensive for what you get so I don't eat in them anymore. I think Matts Plaice in Bredbury is the best in the area although The Codfather in Northwich and Kays in Cleveleys are very good. But Yorkshire English chippies are (generally) the best I think.

We go to this one in Hayfield because it's consistently alright without being fantastic.

AF1QipOkFYE__ieBV9zlqd83N0nkzSQ1ystgtZAjTdA-=s1360-w1360-h1020

Sorry guys but this is going to upset a few on here. The best fish and chips are made in New Zealand. Every order is fried separately, yes you have to wait, but it is always fresh and very, very nice. I think it is also because they always use beer batter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.