Fish And Chips

Saveloy fuckers!
That's another thing in the south they have the Saveloy, up here in Scotland the Smoked sausage. Where does the saveloy stop and where does the smoked sausage stop and why is Manchester and the area between the smoked and the saveloy the speciality sausage wasteland ?

Saveloy fuckers!
Indeed they are pal. Reminds of a song. @BlueHammer85 Shut up and listen; )

Shut up and listen, I'm going to tell thee a story
About my trip down South with my box of England's Glory
I took some numbies and a Bodkan, to make me feel at home
I'm going down to London to dig up paving stones
Got to London, half past six, I wished I'd never come,
There's poofs down there drinking halves of lager
With out notes from their mums
No gravy at the chippy, and what's a saveloy?
Every pub was full of foreigners and bottom boys.

If I live to be forty, I'll never understand
Why they're open til eleven down there
To serve beer that's second hand
Dialing 0625 on the telephone, I said:
'Pull us a pint of bitter, Ray, tonight I'm coming home.'

We are all just simple lads, never asked for much,
Just twenty pints of a Friday night and a wife at home to fuck.

That's another thing in the south they have the Saveloy, up here in Scotland the Smoked sausage. Where does the saveloy stop and where does the smoked sausage stop and why is Manchester and the area between the smoked and the saveloy the speciality sausage wasteland ?

The saveloy was made originally from pork brains but now contains beef and pork brains and a food colouring that makes it glow in the dark.

Nowt wrong with Scottish sausages mate, at least they don't JUST use the head parts of the animal and they don't colour them in CBEEBIES colouring.

Indeed they are pal. Reminds of a song. @BlueHammer85 Shut up and listen; )

Shut up and listen, I'm going to tell thee a story
About my trip down South with my box of England's Glory
I took some numbies and a Bodkan, to make me feel at home
I'm going down to London to dig up paving stones
Got to London, half past six, I wished I'd never come,
There's poofs down there drinking halves of lager
With out notes from their mums
No gravy at the chippy, and what's a saveloy?
Every pub was full of foreigners and bottom boys.

If I live to be forty, I'll never understand
Why they're open til eleven down there
To serve beer that's second hand
Dialing 0625 on the telephone, I said:
'Pull us a pint of bitter, Ray, tonight I'm coming home.'

We are all just simple lads, never asked for much,
Just twenty pints of a Friday night and a wife at home to fuck.

Superb :)

The greatest chippy ever was Colin’s Plaice across the road from Withington Baths in the late 80s.

Smash swimming with your mates for 6 hours in the school holidays, come out starving then bounce in there, 12p for a bag of paradise, absolutely lathered in salt and vinegar.

Thanks pal. Wasn't too sure about putting those lyrics up as some may be offended, but anyone who hasn't played and laughed over Macc Lads songs hasn't got a good sense of humour, IMO.

I have heard it before and it really does ring a bell, just as an aside southerners wouldn't get offended because to them it's a foreign language.

:)

I'm from Rochdale and I hate gravy on chips, there I've said it.Especially that thick chippy gravy.
Some chippy gravy is horrible, I'll give you that. But when it's done right it complements chips perfectly. The Old Wooden Spoon chippy opposite the old bus station in Ashton was the joint best chippy gravy I've ever had with Hamilton Street English chippy in Stalybridge on a par. Both contained minced beef and both closed down years ago, sadl5. I can still taste their chips n' gravy now. Alas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.