Fish

I've gone right off fish at the minute.

Well I tell a lie there actually as it's just the fish from the chippy that knocks me sick, it's probably more to do with the batter than the actual fish.

Can eat anything grilled or smoked mackerel boiled up but that's about it.
It's probably an age thing, I always go for breaded fish supper now not battered, much nicer imho and no heartburn or sickly feeling

In order:

Turbot
Halibut
Wild salmon
Monkfish
Lemon Sole
Cod loin
Hake
Haddock
Tuna
Mackerel
Trout

I refuse to eat farmed salmon and try and avoid any farmed fish. I wouldn’t feed a dog on diseased, parasite infested, hormone full farmed salmon. If hens were reared with similar methods to salmon nobody would eat them. (And they would drown)
Mass market chicken factories pump all sorts into them. “Best not to ask” was the advice I was given when I worked a short contract at one.

Pickerel or Walleye (as some folk call it) is the best tasting fish I have ever had. Fresh from the lake and eaten within a couple of hours of being tricked into the boat.
People up here are catching so much of it they are giving it away.
I haven't had to get my rod out all season.
I have the same disappointment.

Anything tinned is mostly crap and disgusting. How people eat Heinz soup, Fray Bentos pies or anything like that from a tin I have absolutely no idea, they're minging. The thought of tinned meat such as Spam makes me heave.

Try fresh tuna albacore on a butty with decent bread though and you'll change your tune!
Lidl have a small tine of tuna! They have three varieties - two of which I have labelled as 'foreign muck', and one which is infused with lemom and thyme. It is delicious with a nice crisp salad. And tinned sardines? Brilliant! Great change from home made soup or a tin of Spam.

Was in Iceland a few weeks ago and saw frozen mackeral fillets, 4 per bag, 3 bags for a tenner. They'll make great Bass bait I thought, so bought 3 bags....only to discover my sea rods were 2 1/2 hrs away in Pembrokeshire. They taste absolutely gorgeous fried in just butter and served on brown bread toast.

Anything tinned is mostly crap and disgusting. How people eat Heinz soup, Fray Bentos pies or anything like that from a tin I have absolutely no idea, they're minging. The thought of tinned meat such as Spam makes me heave.

Try fresh tuna albacore on a butty with decent bread though and you'll change your tune!
I thought Spam was dead but apparently it is making a come back. It is disgusting, thanks school dinners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.