Five years ago today | City 2 Liverpool 1

The atmosphere was something else that day. I have some friends who were in the away section (and follow Liverpool home/away/Europe). They said it was the most hostile crowd they've ever witnessed.
Great Post Blue. There was a few hostile ones v these great unwashed at Maine Road too. Late 70s, 80s and 90s. The worst I can remember was 29th December 1976, the late, late, Dave Watson OG. They got fucking scattered that night, in the Moss Side evening air.

I think this is the greatest Premier League match of all time but it doesn’t get that recognition because it wasn’t a high scoring game (and because City won…). I doubt there has ever been a higher quality game in England between two teams playing at the peak of their powers.

I actually remember wondering afterwards how anyone else would beat Liverpool if it took that kind of performance from us to get it done. Turns out they didn’t lose another league game all season but our run of 14 wins in a row gave us the edge by a whisker.

One of the best games of football I've ever watched. Aguero was fucking brilliant. He put the fear of God into Van Dijk.

Also, because I like starting online arguments for no reason, Stones gets way too much credit for that goal line clearance, if he hadnt miskicked his clearance in the first place it would never have happened.

EDIT: You know what I'm talking shite on rewatch it was definitely Edersons fault lol

Last edited:
100% the highest quality game of the PL era anywhere.
And one of the top three games for atmosphere at the Etihad since it opened along with Real Madrid last season and the April 2012 derby.

One of my all-time favourite games and one that I've watched chunks of it back many times for the quality, physicality and atmosphere. At the time the 2 best teams in the world in an unrelenting gladatorial fight to the death. Brilliant.

The levels both teams reached has never been equalled in English football IMO. No other teams have come close, before or since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.