Fixtures Calendar - 2021/22

Champs league QF second leg is Tue/Wed April 12/13. Likely Liverpool and ourselves involved, and one of us on the Tuesday, unless playing each other on the Wednesday. In theory United could also be involved and all three could have home legs to juggle on April 12/13. I don't see how they can move the Liverpool game to Sunday April 10th when one team could have an away QF. It has to be 5:30pm on Saturday...but that's Grand National day and the police might think otherwise. Any thoughts? Trying to juggle cheap flights...

Champs league QF second leg is Tue/Wed April 12/13. Likely Liverpool and ourselves involved, and one of us on the Tuesday, unless playing each other on the Wednesday. In theory United could also be involved and all three could have home legs to juggle on April 12/13. I don't see how they can move the Liverpool game to Sunday April 10th when one team could have an away QF. It has to be 5:30pm on Saturday...but that's Grand National day and the police might think otherwise. Any thoughts? Trying to juggle cheap flights...
What's the grand national got to do with Manchester ?

We dont have to play each other in the quarter finals to play the same night but I'd suggest all of the champions league sides will play on the Saturday. Maybe they might put United on the Sunday with an asterix.

I dont think the Grand National plays any part in the decision.

We dont have to play each other in the quarter finals to play the same night but I'd suggest all of the champions league sides will play on the Saturday. Maybe they might put United on the Sunday with an asterix.

I dont think the Grand National plays any part in the decision.
Grand National will mean an early kick off for Everton v the Rags if the latter qualify for the CLQ and get a tie the following Tuesday. As you say, they could schedule for a Sunday in the event Rags play CLQ in a Wednesday but the TV fixture will be out before the CL draw. I’m sure our game will be a Saturday as there’s too many factors that have to align to get a Sunday kick off.

Grand National will mean an early kick off for Everton v the Rags if the latter qualify for the CLQ and get a tie the following Tuesday. As you say, they could schedule for a Sunday in the event Rags play CLQ in a Wednesday but the TV fixture will be out before the CL draw. I’m sure our game will be a Saturday as there’s too many factors that have to align to get a Sunday kick off.
What they've done in the past is pick the slot they want and then caveat it that the game could move if one of us plays Tuesday 12th, so essentially we might not know until the 18th March.

What they've done in the past is pick the slot they want and then caveat it that the game could move if one of us plays Tuesday 12th, so essentially we might not know until the 18th March.
BT will want a decent game at 12:30 Saturday so I think that will be the Rags at Everton which ties in with the Grand National. Us v Dippers has a few factors to make a Sunday game (we were paired with them in the group stage) so I think it will be picked for 5:30 or even 8pm Saturday. I’m guessing the 4pm Sunday kick off will be Villa v Spuds and any other shite game for the 2pm match.

BT will want a decent game at 12:30 Saturday so I think that will be the Rags at Everton which ties in with the Grand National. Us v Dippers has a few factors to make a Sunday game (we were paired with them in the group stage) so I think it will be picked for 5:30 or even 8pm Saturday. I’m guessing the 4pm Sunday kick off will be Villa v Spuds and any other shite game for the 2pm match.
Can't see it Merseyside police wanting united fans arriving whilst grand national fans are too or leaving on the same train that Liverpool are on to manchester. I'd expect the two games to be split Saturday Sunday and caveated that they could change depending on who plays which day in CL

I can't recall any games being played at 8pm on a saturday? Are there any recent examples?

I can't recall any games being played at 8pm on a saturday? Are there any recent examples?
We played Tottenham at Wembley (before Covid) and the current TV package allows for 8 x 8pm Saturday kick offs.

Edit, 19:45 Saturdays

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.