Fixtures Calendar - 2021/22

We played Tottenham at Wembley (before Covid) and the current TV package allows for 8 x 8pm Saturday kick offs.

Edit, 19:45 Saturdays
Thanks for that.

Would the police have a say on the matter? Can imagine the chaos if fans were out from mid afternoon on the lash

We played Tottenham at Wembley (before Covid) and the current TV package allows for 8 x 8pm Saturday kick offs.

Edit, 19:45 Saturdays
i had a look back and theres be no late kick offs on a saturday this season other than half 5..

I read some other articles that say the PL dont want to complete against prime-time saturday night TV - Strictly C.D etc...

Although this article mentions BT have the rights for 7.45 kick offs until 2025 for teams involved in CL. Sort of wrapped up that if they show a team on Wednesday evening they have a good say to show them again 7.45/8 on Saturday. We all know that wednesday KO and Saturday Lunchtime never goes down well with management.

I think 5.30 works for most as an evening kick off for travel and best ratings window.

Ultimately, city and liverpool will both qualify but we wont know the draw/days/times until 18th March so doubt theyll confirm Sunday.

i had a look back and theres be no late kick offs on a saturday this season other than half 5..

I read some other articles that say the PL dont want to complete against prime-time saturday night TV - Strictly C.D etc...

Although this article mentions BT have the rights for 7.45 kick offs until 2025 for teams involved in CL. Sort of wrapped up that if they show a team on Wednesday evening they have a good say to show them again 7.45/8 on Saturday. We all know that wednesday KO and Saturday Lunchtime never goes down well with management.

I think 5.30 works for most as an evening kick off for travel and best ratings window.

Ultimately, city and liverpool will both qualify but we wont know the draw/days/times until 18th March so doubt theyll confirm Sunday.
I hate the 12:30 kick off’s, I could tolerate the odd Match at 19:45 but it should be limited to one per season. Why they have us playing the Dippers in between CL quarters is ridiculous.

I hate the 12:30 kick off’s, I could tolerate the odd Match at 19:45 but it should be limited to one per season. Why they have us playing the Dippers in between CL quarters is ridiculous.
Yes, tbf I can’t imagine they are over the moon about it either.
Anyway, come on, get these games announced.

The Liverpool game with its either/or scenarios has been discussed at length elsewhere but it's also been confirmed today that Burnley away isn't on TV and will be played at 3:00pm on Saturday 2nd April.
Premier League has said that TV games for the second half of April won't be finalised until after FA Cup sixth round draw. They presumably want to look at how the semi finals will possibly affect currently scheduled fixtures.

Last edited:
When Premier League announced the April (first half) fixtures, they said:

"The Premier League matches selected for live television broadcast in the United Kingdom for the first two match rounds in April have been confirmed. Please note that the remaining April TV picks will be confirmed shortly after the draw for the FA Cup quarter-finals on 3 March."

I guess, they're now waiting for the CL draw next week on 18th to announce these? Or maybe after that is done, then they'd think let's wait for the FA Quarter Finals to take place on 19th/20th now and then see how April shapes up??

Still no news on the three gameweeks in April, which for us is Wolves (A), Watford (H) and Leeds (A).

PS. Usually when I come post here questioning when the next lot of TV fixtures would come in, they magically drop by later within a day or two so here's hoping ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.