Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

Vinny v City.... Opening live fixture..... anybody seriously believe this was randomly selected?
It probably was randomly generated.

They just ran the fixture generator over and over again until it gave them an iteration of the fixture schedule that optimised viewership and other desired variables. ;-)

Its almost like we ask for an away game every season......
Could you point to information about this request and how the PL continue to honour it?

I have not seen this so I am curious how it is accommodated with a fixture process that is meant to be randomised for competition integrity purposes.

Could you point to information about this request and how the PL continue to honour it?

I have not seen this so I am curious how it is accommodated with a fixture process that is meant to be randomised for competition integrity purposes.
Its not meant to be random, thats a complete myth.

"Around March, the Premier League sends to its clubs a form asking questions such as whether there are there any dates they wish not to be at home - which is answered in conjunction with the local police - and whether there are any teams they do not wish to play at home on Boxing Day."

There are a number of constraints that go into the selection algorithm - for instance City and United or Liverpool and Everton not playing at home on the the same day. Clubs can also request constraints due to other factors - for isntance City requesting an away fixture first because of concerts at the Etihad. the computer then does a random selection around these constraints.

It's never been random. There's loads of factors that go into it.

And Burnley are already in pre-season aren’t they? Swear I saw clips of them returning to training last week. They are going to be in prime condition but we are always forced to start slowly and without multiple players. Tough start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.