Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

spoke to those I normally meet up with or go to games, all bar 2 think this is a piss take, the 2 happy about it live outside Manchester and get a local supporters coach for games so doesn't matter to them, some others have plans because no one expects to be at the game on a saturday night the rest will now probably drive like they do midweek games.

only this silly old **** who doesn't drive will have to fuck about hoping the 219 turns up (which after 6pm is touch and go on a normal night) to schlep home and our usual saturday pre match meet up for a 5:30 ko is out the window
Some others have plans? Ha ha, course they do, i missed my first home game for years last season against Bournemouth to attend my mates wedding but any other “plans” would be binned to attend City, what plans do they have that can’t be suspended?

Some others have plans? Ha ha, course they do, i missed my first home game for years last season against Bournemouth to attend my mates wedding but any other “plans” would be binned to attend City, what plans do they have that can’t be suspended?
One was pre planned family occasion, other one never asked not my business.

I know you stated it suits you but that doesn't mean dismissing others valid viewpoints or understanding them

8pm suits you, fair enough and maybe you don't pre plan stuff months ahead or can drop things at a whim because its city but others cannot, tbf my holidays always revolve around city but this year I have had to cancelled a family visit in July and will now go at christmas when I can get 3-4 weeks holidays so missing several games 3 of them at home, I won't change that just bacause city are playing done it before but not this time

Dropping everything at a hat just for city doesn't make anyone a better blue than another and as I said earlier in thread I don't live far so makes no odds to me also more likely I could even cadge a lift home, but that shouldn't mean I don't find it a piss take for the traveling blues from outside manchester or the geordies be it 3000, 30000 or 30

Last edited:
8pm is a proper pain for us, though to be fair my kids are excited as they don’t get to many nighttime kick-offs

Mostly not looking forward to carrying them into the house asleep when we get home at 3am

Blimey hats of to you !

I would be after 4am that's to late for me !.

I didnt mind the 8pm ko and use to stay over. But the cost of a premier inn has more than doubled in the last 18 months.
Use to get a room for a round 40 quid. Now it's over a 100 quid. 100 quid to stay with lenny Henry is way to much.

I still don't get why TNT should be nice to sky and not just screen it in an overlapping time to their 5:30 game or why they didn't just swap the 12:30 and 5:30 between them as has happened before

I still don't get why TNT should be nice to sky and not just screen it in an overlapping time to their 5:30 game or why they didn't just swap the 12:30 and 5:30 between them as has happened before
They'll be contracts and agreements about broadcasting clashes. TV companies want the later evening weekend slot to maximise viewing figures, is the simple answer.

One was pre planned family occasion, other one never asked not my business.

I know you stated it suits you but that doesn't mean dismissing others valid viewpoints or understanding them

8pm suits you, fair enough and maybe you don't pre plan stuff months ahead or can drop things at a whim because its city but others cannot, tbf my holidays always revolve around city but this year I have had to cancelled a family visit in July and will now go at christmas when I can get 3-4 weeks holidays so missing several games 3 of them at home, I won't change that just bacause city are playing done it before but not this time

Dropping everything at a hat just for city doesn't make anyone a better blue than another and as I said earlier in thread I don't live far so makes no odds to me also more likely I could even cadge a lift home, but that shouldn't mean I don't find it a piss take for the traveling blues from outside manchester or the geordies be it 3000, 30000 or 30
Why would a 5.30 kick off make a difference to a 8:00 kick off? If you’re on a family function you ain’t doing either. It doesn’t suit me, I just go to every home game and plan my jollies and life around that. I’d be there regardless of time or date but as stated I missed the first home game last season as one of my best pals got married at 3pm when we played Bournemouth, shit timing!

All this nonsense over a kick off that suits the club, just can’t understand it, not heard one of my blue mates to compare about it.

Why would a 5.30 kick off make a difference to a 8:00 kick off? If you’re on a family function you ain’t doing either. It doesn’t suit me, I just go to every home game and plan my jollies and life around that. I’d be there regardless of time or date but as stated I missed the first home game last season as one of my best pals got married at 3pm when we played Bournemouth, shit timing!

All this nonsense over a kick off that suits the club, just can’t understand it, not heard one of my blue mates to compare about it.
you keep conflating things to win an arguement

is it really important you win tge arguement, fine you win as I ain't arsed if I do

you don't mind an 8pm kick so why do you care if others do as you obviously ain't arsed about their opinion.

ffs this was a c8nversation from 2 days ago who cares we have more inportant stuff in off topic to discuss, fod me thw conversation is over and we disagree why bother keeping quote me as 3 have gone pased this conversation.

my biggest bugbear on blue moon is people carry on days old discussions pointlesly and it is always in the main or transfer forum

unwatching this and back downstairs

8pm is fine for you, not for me conversation over, back to quincunx lunacy ;-)

Reactions: pc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.