Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

Agree that lunch time in UK is better for Asia, but that’s also worse for USA West Coast.

It can be argued 8pm is better for Asia than 5pm, and it’s much better for US West Coast.

Don’t under estimate the value of the USA to the PL.
Asia is 2/3rds of the world's population, so has decent potential, and many time zones.

India wouldn't want late kick offs being 5.5hrs ahead or 6.5 when we move to GMT. Neither anywhere west of India. Japan in the winter given the choice of 3.30am or 6am, would probably watch on tape delay.

Asia is 2/3rds of the world's population, so has decent potential, and many time zones.

India wouldn't want late kick offs being 5.5hrs ahead or 6.5 when we move to GMT. Neither anywhere west of India. Japan in the winter given the choice of 3.30am or 6am, would probably watch on tape delay.

So I think we agree that there is no match time that works for all continents/countries.

I’m not actually sure the PL considers match timings for countries other than England, so it’s probably a mute point.

But if they did, I doubt a metric is how many people live in a continent/country. It’s probably a) How much do we get for the broadcast rights from that country ? And what is the total spend opportunity for the viewers in that country.

I’d probably bet good money that China & India pale in comparison to the USA on both of those metrics. It’s OK having 10’s of million more people, but that doesn’t translate to revenue(always).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.