Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

I could’ve sworn until recently the club World Cup was showing on the calendar as Channel 4 @MAG ? In fact I even cancelled my TNT sports subscription off the back of it.
Just had a look at sport on tv website though and it’s showing as on TNT. To complicate it more, the calendar now shows the games as bbc/itv.
My brain hurts.

It was Channel 4 a few times recently, but now this year has been confirmed that it'll be on BBC and ITV (still to be decided who is showing which fixtures).

OR yes FIFA+ streams are another option.

Doesn’t sound like it.

“Sky Sports will also now be able to offer multiple live matches on a number of weekends at 2pm on Sundays.” ( Sky Sports News )
No way will multiple matches be broadcast at 2pm, will be staggered to allow 12 noon, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm games, or something like that.

No way will multiple matches be broadcast at 2pm, will be staggered to allow 12 noon, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm games, or something like that.

Not sure what they stand to gain by lying about it?

I’d guess these matches are outside the normal exclusivity arrangement that most televised games are and they’ve probably paid a lot less to show them, knowing the audience is going to be spread over multiple channels.

It was Channel 4 a few times recently, but now this year has been confirmed that it'll be on BBC and ITV (still to be decided who is showing which fixtures).

Is it not on TNT rather than terrestrial?

I could’ve sworn until recently the club World Cup was showing on the calendar as Channel 4 @MAG ? In fact I even cancelled my TNT sports subscription off the back of it.
Just had a look at sport on tv website though and it’s showing as on TNT. To complicate it more, the calendar now shows the games as bbc/itv.
My brain hurts.

Is it not on TNT rather than terrestrial?

As long as I can remember it's been on free-to-air TV whenever an English team is involved. Until it's us, of course.

You're not gonna like this guys ... but we've gone from Channel 4 to BBC and ITV to this ...

FIFA Club World Cup UK TV Schedule
(via TNT Sports)

12/12/23: Al-Ittihad FC vs Auckland City (First Round): TNT Sports 3 – KO: 18:00 GMT.

15/12/23: Club Leon vs Urawa Reds (Second Round): TNT Sports 1 – KO: 14:30 GMT.

15/12/23: Al Ahly FC vs Al-Ittihad FC or Auckland City (Second Round): TNT Sports 6 (Red Button) – KO: 18:00 GMT

18/12/23: Semi-Final 1: TNT Sports 2 – KO: 18:00 GMT

19/12/23: Manchester City vs Club Leon or Urawa Reds (Semi-Final) – TNT Sports 2 – KO: 18:00 GMT

22/12/23: Third Place Play-Off – TNT Sports 1 – KO: 14:30 GMT

22/12/23: FIFA Club World Cup Final – TNT Sports 2 – KO: 18:00 GMT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.