Fixtures - Southampton at home first

sjk2008 said:
I see you're all pleased about the 5 home games following CL matches.

Well, you might feel even better when you see that United have Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Villa & yourselves, all away, after 5 of their CL games.
It pays being Champions. You have made my morning thanks.

Are they crying on rag cafe>?

bluedanza said:
I don't quite agree that our start to the season is as straightforward as it seems.

We dropped points in ten fixtures last season. We now face 5 of those same fixtures in the first 8 games.

Assuming 3 points on the first day, if we then returned the same results this year, we'd have 14 points after 8 games. Didnt we have 24 points after 8 games last year?

I actually thought the opposite. We'll go to Liverpool, Stoke, Fulham, WBA knowing we dropped points there last season and should be in the right frame of mind. And we will not take Sunderland at home lightly.

I think what everyone needs to realise is that once cup games get pencilled in, potential replays etc and obviously when Sky get their hands on what games they want to broadcast, the fixture lists of many of the top sides will change quite a lot.

Where the fixtures list, at present, can look quite kind in some parts, dont be surprised to see it change drastically once everything gets rearranged!

Anyone else picked up on thsi?

United are away at Sunderland ;-) before playing us at old Trafford.

The PL works in mysterious ways.

Not as bad as I expected. Fixtures fit nicely around my already booked holiday. That is, until Sky have their way with the list.

SWP's back said:
sjk2008 said:
I see you're all pleased about the 5 home games following CL matches.

Well, you might feel even better when you see that United have Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Villa & yourselves, all away, after 5 of their CL games.
It pays being Champions. You have made my morning thanks.

Are they crying on rag cafe>?

I had a look this morning and, at the time, they were more worried about their run in from the derby @ OT onwards.

Not been on since so they could all be harping on about how the list has been unkind to them.

bobmcfc said:
united get all away fixtures after Champions league ties ?

that was us last season
As we're 'paired' with United for fixture list purposes, it's always going to be the case. One of us will always get the rub of the green while the other will be pissed off. Perhaps they're going to do it on an alternate-season basis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.