Flat Cap Mike

I know mike , or Nobby , as was mentioned before. Not seen him for ages but my brother sees him from time to time and they had season tickets together in the north stand and go to aways together .He doesnt go anymore. The radio used to phone him when they were ready for him as they saw him as good value. He used to be in the moor top regularly but lives in hyde. He used to call himself Nobby and every one else male or female. Hes in sales so a perfect job for him as he can talk a glass eye to sleep.

I know mike , or Nobby , as was mentioned before. Not seen him for ages but my brother sees him from time to time and they had season tickets together in the north stand and go to aways together .He doesnt go anymore. The radio used to phone him when they were ready for him as they saw him as good value. He used to be in the moor top regularly but lives in hyde. He used to call himself Nobby and every one else male or female. Hes in sales so a perfect job for him as he can talk a glass eye to sleep.
Thanks for that mate,I'm surprised he doesn't go anymore,
he always made me laugh,and i enjoyed him arguing our corner especially against that salford lot.

Thanks for that mate,I'm surprised he doesn't go anymore,
he always made me laugh,and i enjoyed him arguing our corner especially against that salford lot.

Yeah hes not too keen on them. Not sure he would thank me for this but his name is Mike Sutcliffe. It may jog a few peoples memory

hahahahhahaha

I remember working Saturday morning at the CIS building in town and heading to the nearest pub to watch an away v Charlton. Paul Nolan was in there wearing sunglasses and giving out stick about Gary Neville amongst others. I saw him around regularly for a few years and just never knew what to make of him. He really was quite the character. Would talk to anyone.

I remember working Saturday morning at the CIS building in town and heading to the nearest pub to watch an away v Charlton. Paul Nolan was in there wearing sunglasses and giving out stick about Gary Neville amongst others. I saw him around regularly for a few years and just never knew what to make of him. He really was quite the character. Would talk to anyone.

he is a first class tool and always remember our kid outside maine road and nolan was giving it out large about leeds united to somebody on the radio that was interviewing him and he said something to our kid about keeping down and our kid gripped him around the neck the shit was running down his legs and his bottle went

Read what I wrote again. I’m not being complimentary. If anything, I was under the impression that he wasn’t the full shilling.

just been chatting with a mate earlier,who remembers " flat cap mike " on piccadilly radio during the 1980's possibly, but definitely in the 1990's ?.He used to phone james stannidge up after games and always argue our corner,if i remember correctly he'd phone stannidge at nightimes too arguing the tory cause.But he was mostly on chatting about city and always got digs in with rags and held his ground,maybe he posts on here ?
Hi. I am Flatcap Mike. I have just read your post from 2018 about me, and the responses. Yes, they were fun times, giving my "honest" opinions. Piccadilly gave me airtime, which I liked to use to good effect. The reason that I stopped calling in to the show is that an ex rag player, who shall remain nameless, was in the studio and got my number then passed it on to his son, who called the show sometimes, called himself "Malaky" He proceeded to ring me up at shitty times giving me grief. Also he would call my house phone, knowing full well that I was at the match, and would be abusive to my girlfriend, said he would come around and "sort her out". One day he called me but forgot to block his number. So I got the dibble involved. They tracked him down, interviewed him then and asked me if I wanted to press charges. I said "no" as long as he stopped harassing us. Thankfully I never heard from him again. So any rumours that I have ditched my blue shirted heroes are false mate. And yes, the reason that I was given the moniker of flatcap Mike was to do with me having a pop at the then manager AB. There were two "Mikes" that called in before and after matches. The other was Mike Peck. So Piccadilly used it to know which one it was. So...there is a update for you.

Last edited:
Hi. I am Flatcap Mike. I have just read your post from 2018 about me, and the responses. Yes, they were fun times, giving my "honest" opinions. Piccadilly gave me airtime, which I liked to use to good effect. The reason that I stopped calling in to the show is that an ex rag player, who shall remain nameless, was in the studio and got my number then passed it on to his son, who called the show sometimes, called himself "Malaky" He proceeded to ring me up at shitty times giving me grief. Also he would call my house phone, knowing full well that I was at the match, and would be abusive to me girlfriend, say he would come around and "sort her out". One day he called me but forgot to block his number. So I got the dibble involved. They tracked him down, interviewed and asked me if I wanted to press charges. I said "no" as long as he stopped harassing us. Thankfully I never heard from him again. So any rumours that I have ditched my blue shirted heroes are false mate. And yes, the reason that I was given the moniker of flatcap Mike was to do with me having a pop at the then manager AB. There were two "Mikes" that used called in before and after matches. The other was Mike Peck. So Piccadilly used it to know which one it was. So...there is a update for you.

Referring to rag substitute goalie Kevin Pilkington as Kevin Pillock was a belter, when they’d been knocked out of the league cup by some lower league no hopers. Great times listening to football on Piccadilly back in the 90s even though we were terrible at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.