Foden video

If that is true its bizarre and frightening actually.

Was it 1 or 2 blokes that punched the lady, hard to make out on the video but it was struck with some force and intent.

When you see some of the nonsense Police get involved with and now maybe ignoring this.
The police are useless and a disgrace. That’s from personal experience. A fucking disgrace.

Was it 1 or 2 blokes that punched the lady, hard to make out on the video but it was struck with some force and intent.

When you see some of the nonsense Police get involved with and now maybe ignoring this.

The bbc news report I read this morning was that police hadn't received any reports from people involved.

Presumably because people from Phil's group also got involved to the point of breaking the law.

Hard to make the case that the guy with the fire extinguisher was acting in lawful self-defence even if you are sympathetic for them having to deal with shit-stirring lowlifes causing trouble for no reason other than entertainment.

Bluemooners,

I awoke to 42 notifications this morning, so it’s clear I touched a nerve with what can only be considered a “sweeping generalization.” My apologies.

I was trying to relate my experiences, having grown up in and around Manchester and still being a frequent visitor. In doing so, I have offended some top class, lawful, upstanding citizens of a great, historic City I still call home, even though I live elsewhere atm. Again, my apologies.

Yesterday was a bit of a shit day and I was posting at the end of it. I may have ventured into hyperbole or, as I said, negative overgeneralization.

To anyone offended, or who felt included merely by dint of their heritage, that is unforgivable. You deserve better, esp from someone who knows better. Accordingly, I will endeavor to do better.

As a FOC, who looks on wistfully from afar, it is easy to say ”Ah, the good old days…” but I’m reminded that some of those were not so good, either.

Everywhere has its good and bad, both places and people, but one of the things that will always be true of Mancs is their ready sense of humor, willingness to lend a hand, and “salt of the earth” qualities that other places could learn from. In short, there ARE bad apples, but the barrel is very large and the bad apples are very few in number.

Again, my apologies for creating offence through my poor choice of words and generalizations. I will endeavor to do better.

Last edited:
The bbc news report I read this morning was that police hadn't received any reports from people involved.

Presumably because people from Phil's group also got involved to the point of breaking the law.

Hard to make the case that the guy with the fire extinguisher was acting in lawful self-defence even if you are sympathetic for them having to deal with shit-stirring lowlifes causing trouble for no reason other than entertainment.
He was being attacked by 3 men....how would you react? No fire extinguisher he could be dead after being one punched.

Bluemooners,

I awoke to 42 notifications this morning, so it’s clear I touched a nerve with what can only be considered a “sweeping generalization.” My apologies.

I was trying to relate my experiences, having grown up in and around Manchester and still being a frequent visitor. In doing so, I have offended some top class, lawful, upstanding citizens of a great, historic City I still call home, even though I live elsewhere atm. Again, my apologies.

Yesterday was a bit of a shit day and I was posting at the end of it. I may have ventured into hyperbole or, as I said, negative overgeneralization.

To anyone offended, or who felt included merely by dint of their heritage, that is unforgivable. You deserve better, esp from someone who knows better. Accordingly, I will endeavor to do better.

As a FOC, who looks on wistfully from afar, it is easy to say ”Oh, the good old days…” but I’m reminded that some of those were not so good, either.

Everywhere has its good and bad, both places and people, but one of the things that will always be true of Mancs is their ready sense of humor, willingness to lend a hand, and “salt of the earth” qualities that other places could learn from. In short, there ARE bad apples, but the barrel is very large and the bad apples are very few in number.

Again, my apologies for creating offence through my poor choice of words and generalizations. I will endeavor to do better.
The arseholes appear to have got worse post lockdown in this country, in my experience. Not just limited to Manchester. Seems to be a lot of pent up aggression and a lot of people are completely out of control now.

Bluemooners,

As a FOC, who looks on wistfully from afar, it is easy to say ”Oh, the good old days…” but I’m reminded that some of those were not so good, either.

Your town pizzas are still shit and it’s still not even that windy in Chicago.

The arseholes appear to have got worse post lockdown in this country, in my experience. Not just limited to Manchester. Seems to be a lot of pent up aggression and a lot of people are completely out of control now.
In this case, I’ll consider myself one of the arseholes. Frustrated keyboard arsehole, in this case.

I should have known better. Debate isn’t good when it starts with generalized accusation.

The important thing is Phil Foden is OK, and the club seem to be supporting him. That’s what matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.