Food & Drink Prices - Next Season

Everything is choice and not necessity with sports and leisure. The choice to be shafted is your own. That said, reading books from charity shops is no match for that moment the ball hits the net, but it is cheaper.

de niro said:
Why Always Ste said:
Will they rise from next season under Jamie Oliver and the Yankee catering co.??

Any ideas on the quality of food?

Will the service improve?

Thoughts...

Let's hope so, I find the catering at city is a total shambles from start to finish.
If I retire anytime soon I'm going to offer to run that department at city free of charge. It is a complete and utter disaster. Food is OK ish, prices are where football has been heading for a while but the organisation and general running of the operation is pure amateur.

One little incident on the last game v Norwich. Wife wants food so I pop down to the concourse, its around ten mins before half time, I hate missing the game but as we all know once half time arrives you can't get served ( again badly run)so I legged it down sharpish. there was NOTHING to buy, nothing on the shelves. I hear them talking behind the counter that some chips were ready, that'll do I'll have chips and curry. When I asked for a fork they said they'd "ran out sorry". Ran out? I'm possibly the first half time customer how could they "run out"? If they knew they'd ran out why not restock whilst the game was on? Are we saying there's no plastic forks in the stadium? How do they expect a customer to eat chips and more so curry, with their fingers? In the end I found a disgarded One nearby and asked them to wash it for me.god knows how other customers went on at the half time rush. Not that there was anything to buy.

Amatures.

How on earth we are going to meet the financial targets set I'll never know.

there was no food BEFORE KICK OFF at the Norwich game, I can`t see any excuse even though its end of contract etc... The club seem to put a lot of emphasis on catering but generally its disappointing. Was incredulous at Norwich game esp as my 4 year old son was hungry as f..k., at least hes too young to remember.

Chicken balti pies were nice though.
How about a discount on catering for season ticket holders?
I tend to avoid food in stadium as is getting ur hat nailed on, sometimes necessary though.

Re: Food & Drink Prices

bluemoon risin' said:
Never Mind The Pollocks said:
£4 a pint I can just about take. Any more and it becomes hard to swallow for me. The main problem for me though is that it's fucking shite, tastes like it's got de-icer in it and it takes about 20 mins to get one. But they've got you by the short and curlies.
The 'de icer' was most probably pump cleaner mate. I last had a pint 4 seasons ago in the stadium, and I complained to barmaid that it tasted rancid and looked like flat cloudy piss. She shrugged her shoulders oblivious to what I said as she hardly spoke English. I should of asked to speak to the catering manager but the game was about to start so I left it. Catering needs sorting as it is too pricey and an unacceptable standard.

I tried speak to a catering manager/teamleader/someonewhohadacluewhattheyweredoing last season after the lad serving me nearly poured most of my pint down the front of my new top.
He hid.

de niro said:
blueparrot said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
I think the prices for food in the Etihad is fucking ridiculous

But they have a captive audience so they know if someone is hungry they will pay it

To be fair though...everything is going that way

Remember when going to the cinema used to be a cheap option for a night out?

It's only captive for 2 hours if you can't go 2 hours mid afternoon without food you have a problem.

I rarely use the kiosks but for some its handy to grab a bite to eat if they have finished work late, stuck in traffic or maybe come from far away to attend. night matches especially.

for those reasons they should be served hot tasty food at a reasonable price.

I agree and when I use the catering I want quality at a reasonable price but i wouldn't say I'm held to ransom as usually I have time before a game to make other arrangements, although I agree about night games though it is more convenient to eat at the ground.

Re: Food & Drink Prices

TGR said:
High prices I can begrudgingly live with.
Its the crap food and even crappier service that does my head in!
I couldn't get a pint at half time at the Norwich game because ' the barrell needed changing' FFS! 47,000 people in the stadium and the half time rush for a pint takes them by surprise! Just who is running our catering?

They can't even boil water - genuinely! I've stopped having a Bovril when I get to get to the game because the water is luke warm at best.

Will the prices go up due to Jamie Oliver? Well he isin't doing it for nothing his he?You bet they will go up!

Haven't decided yet which I hate most - Zoe Ball or Jamie Oliver! If they don't do pies 'cos Oliver thinks they are pie non grata then he can fuck off and I will bring me own!

Hope they keep the (Hollands?) cheese and onion pasty and don't put the price up from £2.60 which is already a rip-off (but part of my match day ritual).

Re: Food & Drink Prices - Next Season

Not being funny but the food is made as well as it can be on such a rush, like to see one of you lot being put to the test of cooking the food or even being a till worker

bluemoonrisin said:
Not being funny but the food is made as well as it can be on such a rush, like to see one of you lot being put to the test of cooking the food or even being a till worker

i used to work on a kiosk at old trafford, easiest job i have ever had! only problem was poor managment and the language barrior with most of our customers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.