Food From Your Youth

In fact I remember that he was on Manchester New Road before the Arndale was built - we lived up the road 4 doors down from the Drill Hall opposite what was then the Cop Shop in a house rented from my dads employers out the back Tongue Dyeing and my late mum bless her always used to tease me about how after seeing Bambi at the Palace picture house we went to get chips on the walk home and I sobbed on the steps coz she wouldn't stay and let me watch the 2nd showing.........

That post makes me feel so old and also so nostalgic

Reactions: tom
If mum was well off Angel Delight (probably christmas or a birthday) was a real treat but it was usually the cheaper Instant Whip which was just about ok but could set like bathroom sealant if you left it to long before eating it.

If mum was well off Angel Delight (probably christmas or a birthday) was a real treat but it was usually the cheaper Instant Whip which was just about ok but could set like bathroom sealant if you left it to long before eating it.
The reason I bumped the thread is because I got tapioca in the care home, I also get angle delight, they’re trying to regress me back to childhood

Last time I had liver/onions was at sams vhop house. I think it was calf liver. Delish
Had liver, mash and gravy at Sam’s and it was fabulous.
Ended up playing frisbee when my Mum cooked liver but to be fair to her she did a mean boil in the bag cod in parsley sauce although she did occasionally forget to take it out of the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.