Food & Service Issues 2014/15 (merged)

Re: New Season - New Food

noely said:
lancs blue said:
quiet_riot said:
Just me, but at Citi field last week, I found the constant shouting that beer/hot dogs/pretzels/nuts/candy/candy floss/burgers/drugs were for sale quite annoying.

Reminds me of the terraces at London grounds in the 70s - a bloke wandering up and down the gangways shouting "PEANUTS!! Get your roasted peanuts!", that was irritating too.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMPJZ4YZnqI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMPJZ4YZnqI</a>

'MmmmmButt Scratcher........'

117 M34 said:
Popcorn...it's the beginning of the end!!!
Oh I dunno; popcorn has it's attractions.

RZM33.gif

£7 for a cheeseburger and chips is unreal, was bloody good though and £4 a pint What's that all about ?

The Alpen Bar I took did me, never buying food at the ground again at those prices. Is it my imagination or have prices gone up again? I'm sure chips (a small cup of them) were £2.70 last year and were £3 today.

Absolutely fuming. Year in year out I complete the 20 minute survey about how city can improve the food and drink. And it always comes down to how atrocious the bar service is. It can't be that hard to work out how many pints are served on average and prepare accordingly.
I've been to sports events all over the world, cricket in oz, golf, tennis etc. Even Lancs CC have a fantastic beer service now at the test matches. All of this puts the city bar service to shame.

And tonight we reached a new low...

Of the four of us at the match, the short straw is always the half time round.. tonight was my turn...

So I leave for the bar at 35-36 mins, missing a goal, order 4 pints to be told by some jobsworth manager, you can only order 2 pints per person! what a load of s....e. ok i'll have 2 and queue again. no. you can't leave 2 pints unattended, the stewards will remove them! WTF!

anyway, I left 2 pints with a girl and had to queue again... meanwhile the guy in front orders 3 pints and asks for a tray.... no problem.......

I despair.....

No matter what progress we make both on & off the field it appears we just can't make progress with the catering inside the stadium.
We just can't...
Last night I queued for the full 15 minutes at half time as a I fancied a cup of coffee.
When I finally got to the counter to be served I was told 'there is no hot water' so not hot drinks,
No tea, coffee, hot chocolate, Bovril or anything.
How difficult can it be to have hot water ?
So we ended up ordering 2 bottles of diet coke & one bottle of water.
'That will be £8.10p' said the assistant!
Thank fuck I wasn't paying.
The club need to sort this out. A man who knows far more than me on these things reckons a top notch catering manager
would do the trick and increase sales & revenues of the food within the stadium.
Overall pretty piss poor in reality.

Oh and whilst I'm at it...

At the entrance P1 last night the Showsec stewards were refusing entry to anyone eating food.
Yep - that is 100% correct. If you had a tray of chips & gravy they wouldn't let you in.
You had to either finish them off outside (in the pissing rain) or throw them away.
WTF???!!!
Just who has thought this new rule up and why?
Sort it out City!

Buying a Beer (Another Shocking Service Thread)

START RANT:
I tore what little of my hair out at half time yesterday. I got out of entrance 302 to join the bar queue just as the HT whistle went. There was already a 10 deep queue and it took 13 fucking minutes to get to the front and get served.

Just fuck, fuck, fucking fuck, How fucking difficult can it fucking be?
It's fucking simple:
[1] Have one person on a till. They take your money and give you a ticket with a number on it.
[2] Have the rest pouring the beer / getting ready the order and calling the number when it's ready.

You don't need fucking pouring machines you just need a system that works for the inept who work behind the counters - most of whom are clueless in the operation of a till.

And if the club is going to do fuck all about the shit service it could at least put the match on the Tellies so we don't miss the game.

END RANT:
Thank you. I feet better for that.

Re: Buying a Beer (Another Shocking Service Thread)

Agreed, also that "this city" thing before the game couldnt of been more cringey. Seems like we need to transfer some decent folk into the back ground at city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.