Football fans attacking Youtube fan channels

Are you supporting child exploitation?

No? Stupid fucking question wasn’t it as you never suggested you did. A bit like I never suggest mob rule.

@Marvin asked people to reply to the scenes after the Arsenal match at Everton. You said you could understand that reaction. @domalino has summarised the cause of the mob reaction after that match, a mob incited by others acting other than they would if they were not backed up by numbers.

You suggested you could understand that behaviour, I was responding to that, as I dislike bullying , and that seemed an extreme case to me.

I often disagree with posts on here, especially on pre match threads, but I wouldn't be threatening them., or jumping around in their faces.

@Marvin asked people to reply to the scenes after the Arsenal match at Everton. You said you could understand that reaction. @domalino has summarised the cause of the mob reaction after that match, a mob incited by others acting other than they would if they were not backed up by numbers.

You suggested you could understand that behaviour, I was responding to that, as I dislike bullying , and that seemed an extreme case to me.

I often disagree with posts on here, especially on pre match threads, but I wouldn't be threatening them., or jumping around in their faces.
I didn’t watch the video and I stand by my comments. I do think such channels are self serving and do nothing for the club itself.

If we went into a five year tailspin and some arsehead was making his money with a channel which opposition fans tuned into to take the piss out of us, I’d be telling him/her to fuck right off. That’s me, that doesn’t mean anyone else has to join in with me. I don’t need a mob to call someone out in public.

Nooooooo.
You mean to say we won't have to listen to mini me screeching his bollocks off anymore?
For the love of god PLEASE DO NOT GET RID OF FULL TIME DEVILS.
It's the funniest thing out there.

Tin hat on here but I actually quite like Mini Me. His rant after we beat United at Old Trafford in our 2017/18 title winning season was sheer fucking quality and if United's players showed half the passion he does then they might not be quite as shit as they are these days.

What do you mean by associate? I've done videos for companies that have approached me before, but naturally I don't get to dictate to them who they can choose as fans of other clubs. That's like me saying why do you associate with person x at your work who may be a bit of a knob. Just cos you've worked alongside them it doesn't mean they're your mate or its desirable etc :)

You don’t like Arsenal fan tv because most of them are trying too hard, daft quotes and sound bites. That doesn’t mean all of them are like that. You turned up the first time and was confronted by that absolute weapon of a human being spurs fan. You didn’t think, I don’t like this now because of this idiot. You continued to do numerous more videos with that company and that individual. I’m just surprised if you’re against Arsenal fan tv that much, why you’d repeatedly involve yourself with someone like that, if not worse.

I didn’t watch the video and I stand by my comments. I do think such channels are self serving and do nothing for the club itself.

If we went into a five year tailspin and some arsehead was making his money with a channel which opposition fans tuned into to take the piss out of us, I’d be telling him/her to fuck right off. That’s me, that doesn’t mean anyone else has to join in with me. I don’t need a mob to call someone out in public.

They're not really any different to places like Bluemoon. Just forums for people, fans, to give their opinions. And just like on here, the most extreme get the biggest reaction most of the time, and just like on here after a match often they're not the most thought out comments, just reactons.

If things went to shit and traffic on here went up 500%, and threads got screenshotted, went viral and the entire City fan base got mocked for them, would you blame Ric?

Also I don't think anyone is getting rich off a channel with 1m subscribers.

Last edited:
They're not really any different to places like Bluemoon. Just forums for people, fans, to give their opinions. And just like on here, the most extreme get the biggest reaction most of the time, and just like on here after a match often they're not the most thought out comments, just reactons.

If things went to shit and traffic on here went up 500%, and threads got screenshotted, went viral and the entire City fan base got mocked for them, would you blame Ric?

Also I don't think anyone is getting rich off a channel with 1m subscribers.

The whole point of the forum is its anonymity. The polar opposite of these fan channels.

Also it depends how many videos you post:

This suggests $3,300 per millions views you have:

https://www.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_youtube_pay

They may not get rich but there’s worse paying hobbies that also help the ego.

Only watched the first few minutes of that video, the guy was going way overboard and it annoyed me enough to turn it off. Calling them thugs and yobs and claiming assault when from what I saw in the video they was acting no different to how the guys on aftv react into the camera after an arsenal loss. They have as much right to protest the fan group as the fan group have to making their videos.

Some of the guys on aftv very clearly love their club as much as any other football fan but it’s also a business for them now, it’s exploded to the point where it’s their living so they have to be over the top to get the views.

If I was an arsenal fan or aftv was a city fan channel I wouldn’t like it, every other fan in the country thinks they’re a laughing stock predominantly because of aftv and the few pillocks they promote.

You don’t like Arsenal fan tv because most of them are trying too hard, daft quotes and sound bites. That doesn’t mean all of them are like that. You turned up the first time and was confronted by that absolute weapon of a human being spurs fan. You didn’t think, I don’t like this now because of this idiot. You continued to do numerous more videos with that company and that individual. I’m just surprised if you’re against Arsenal fan tv that much, why you’d repeatedly involve yourself with someone like that, if not worse.

Firstly, I never said all of them are like that did I? I feel the tone of the channel is portrayed like that, and that isn't for me. Secondly, yes, I dislike their stuff - but at what point did I say that they should stop or that they're wrong to be how they are? I didn't. I just said I didn't like it. We all like different things, and that's fine. I'm not 'against Arsenal fan tv that much'. I just don't like it. I'd never dream of saying they don't have a right to do what they do or that they're wrong to do what they do. I don't think they are, because as my other posts in this thread point that out - I think AFTV is just an extension of fanzine culture. It'll exist forever, cos that's what fans do.

And with all due respect re the Spurs fan, you've not got a clue what I've done have you? You're just guessing based on one tiny piece of the picture. Genuinely loads of presumptions there. *All* of those videos were recorded on the same day back in July pre-season. The brand who got in touch said come to London, and I said alright, and we filmed a shit load of content. They then staggered them out over the course of a few months. Even then, I still don't get why me filming with him makes me a hypocrite. It doesn't.

I don't like the Spurs fans content, but where have I said he's wrong to do that? Where have I even passed comment on his content at all come to think of it? I've not. It's none of my business, and I've not talked about him at all. For what its worth, I don't think he's the same as AFTV at all. He's silly comedy stuff and he's totally harmless. It's childish, but he's harmless. The stuff I dislike on AFTV are the ones who are arrogant and aggressive. That DT fella for example. Just constantly getting into fights and arguments and silly twitter spats. That Spurs guy is *not* the kind of content I like at all. I dislike it, actively...but he's a stupid comedy character. He's not aggressive. He's certainly not even close to the worst bits of AFTV.

And once again, just cos I've appeared on a video with him it doesn't mean I endorse his work does it? What he talks about is none of my business, and neither is who that brand wants to get in as a Spurs fan. If I genuinely thought that Spurs guy was a bad person I'd not do a video with him. I've turned down opportunities before because I simply don't want to do a video with someone who I think is toxic. Goldbridge for example. I don't want that, as I don't like the guy and I cba with it all. The Spurs guy I didn't know until I met him. He's annoying, yes, defo, but I don't think he's a bad person. I'd not want to do a video with someone like DT either. I can't be arsed with that world.

EDIT - in general absolutely no idea why you've decided to pick this fight, but whatever. If you don't like me fair enough, but some weird attempts at calling me a hypocrite.

Last edited:
They only work (do very well) when there is a very polarizing topic, like Wenger out, or when they are a bunch of bell ends and people view to laugh at them, like Goldbridge.

I know @twosips has done some vids in the past but TBH i doubt many general fans want to watch vids of city fans going on about how good our team is. What is good for a fan channel is generally not great for a fan base / club. Its general fans laughing at arse holes or clubs in crisis that get the big clicks and can then make money and be sustainable. Cheesmans' vlogs are a niche thing - most city fans know him from GMR days and appreciate his views and the perspective his vids bring especially to aways. I doubt many non city fans tune in to him and I wouldn't want a City equivalent of Goldgbridge who is a clown.

I don't think there would ever be a City equivalent of this guy - I haven't seen what he does when things go right for MANUre but I suspect he only has two options and they are both extremes - Euphoria or despair.

We do have some high and mighty fans don't we?

I suspect the fact that Cheesey gets a pass, says a lot about the age of the people moaning. Wouldn't it be better if all age groups were represented at some level?

Not that he needs defending, but I happen to appreciate that City do have people like Esteemed Kompany representing City's fan base in the social media space. You can't claim it's not important in this day and age, especially Youtube, even I use that.

His channel is nothing like AFTV or Goldbridge's, he's obviously invested a lot of time into it, so who could begrudge him trying to make money from it? When you try and take things commercial, you have to be flexible, at least until you find a footing. At least he's not gone full True Geordie, I don't see how any Newcastle fans are happy with where he's gone with it. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he start off with a Newcastle fan channel? Now it's all about him. I do think it was a mistake for EK to go on his show, since I'm on that subject. The whole level of bias against City from his crew has been obvious for ages now, can't stand listening to them talk about City. Must have been quite awkward sitting with them for that long.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.