Football fans attacking Youtube fan channels

This ^ fanzines were just the old youtube. Personally I'm not a fan of AFTV as I think the lads on it are bell ends tbh. Obsessed with catchphrases etc. Fan media of some kind will always exist though. It was inevitably gonna head to video.

Why do you associate with that Tottenham tit then? The one who’s basically trying to be an extra from arsenal fan tv?

Nooooooo.
You mean to say we won't have to listen to mini me screeching his bollocks off anymore?
For the love of god PLEASE DO NOT GET RID OF FULL TIME DEVILS.
It's the funniest thing out there.

Rewind to Maine Rd in the 1980s and 1990s. Fortunately for us there were no cameras around.

The clubs with the biggest Youtube channels tend to be those in turmoil.

A forerunner of all this was the radio phone-in show. After the game I used to listen to GMR or Piccadilly and you used to get callers like Paul Nolan who'd phone in ranting, and Man Utd fans big ruse was to pretend to be Bert and talk about massive this and massive that as a big joke.

Fans have followed and argued about football ever since the game became popular. It used to be in the pub, or at school or wherever fans were, then it moved from private conversation to the radio, then to fanzines, and now it's video. I guess it's a little different now in that behind the arguments are groups of people who are organised and getting expense, or small payments for what they do. I don't think the content is any different from what we've heard before. All the arguments I hear from FTD and AFTV are what City fans were saying when we had Swales out and Forward with Franny.

It is true that football is incredible short termist now. Ferguson survived 6 years without success from 1986? and that would never happen now. You get 12 months and that's it, sometimes less. Fans are in part responsible for this, but only a tiny part. The 24 hour media put all the framework in place for all this way before the fan channels came to rival them. Indeed the staunchest advocates for patience amongst Man Utd fans comes from FTD presenters.

Their info on Full Time Devils is severely outdated and mostly wrong tbh mate. They were sold off from Fremantle about two years ago. They have no connections whatsoever to them now at all. They're just owned by Social Chain, a manchester social media company, who bought it cos it was going cheap. They've done fuck all other than let it exist really

Red Issue are making connections where there isn't anymore. Also, you're getting things mixed up. Goldbridge has nowt to do with full time devils mate. He's United Stand. Goldbridge wasn't a professional either. Just a chancer bellend, which he most definitely is. Former forest fan who thought he could get a piece of the pie. Don't doubt he's got management etc now, but he never was a pro beforehand. You're getting mixed up with the Spurs bit too - they said a cousin of one of the United presenters also does Spurs content.

I know the full time devils lads as I used to work alongside them when they were owned by Fremantle. Fremantle thought fan channels would be big, so they gave some fans the funds to start them. It wasn't as big as they thought, so they sold them off. Or cancelled them. I was on a City one called blue moon rising. They cancelled that sadly. We certainly weren't professionals. Nor were any of the FTD lads. Some of them have, as a result of that, moved onto professional presenting, but they certainly weren't beforehand. The ones I know were all just normal United fans interested in youtube/talking about football, like myself. Couple of FTD lads are lovely guys that I consider mates. One's a fucking knob, but yeah. That's gonna happen.

Red Issue have done some research, but its sketchy and all over place. They've kinda connected the wrong dots or got out of dated information. Put 2+2 together and got 7. They are right though that some of the fan channels are bellends! ha. I should know, I've worked with many of them. They're right now that some will be managed or whatever, but they were never anywhere near as cynically built as some think. Pretty much all of them started independently and got big, then started to get more 'professional' afterwards.

Anyway, I do videos yep, and I run a fan channel, but I'm a world away from AFTV and the United Stand stuff. I'm not in it for playing silly characters and looking like a dick on camera. I just like talking about football. Funnily enough, id be much more successful if I did act like a twat, but ya know...dignity! I think it was inevitable that it was going to backfire on some of the channels at some point. I don't agree with anyone attacking anyone, its just that they're good at spreading negativity, whether that's right or not, so itll naturally attract equally negative responses. It is what it is.

you are esteemed kompany and i claim my 5 quid

Out of all of them Howson is the worst. He's an absolute weapon and won't engage in any decent conversation. He just shouts people down spouting bullshit

He's tweeted today our academy cost £400M. Not even utd fans are defending him and he's getting absolutely rinsed by blues about this

Why do you associate with that Tottenham tit then? The one who’s basically trying to be an extra from arsenal fan tv?

What do you mean by associate? I've done videos for companies that have approached me before, but naturally I don't get to dictate to them who they can choose as fans of other clubs. That's like me saying why do you associate with person x at your work who may be a bit of a knob. Just cos you've worked alongside them it doesn't mean they're your mate or its desirable etc :)

It’s a disgrace tbh, they’re fans giving an opinion. Instead of fighting debate civilly

Two sips getting defensive over his esteemed fellow cough presenter

Adam McKola is sound imo. All he's doing is supporting his side, and interviewing fans. He gets his opinion across as well but he's very reasonable. I think he's quite funny but each to their own.

Yeah okayyyy!

Out of all of them Howson is the worst. He's an absolute weapon and won't engage in any decent conversation. He just shouts people down spouting bullshit

He's tweeted today our academy cost £400M. Not even utd fans are defending him and he's getting absolutely rinsed by blues about this
Howson is your typical mardarse utd fan, loves giving it out when they win, starts crying and throwing non facts out when they are shite.
Every workplace, every college, every pub and every workplace has a howson working there, you know them as they are the only gobshites in there.
This **** should be presenting you've been framed, fuckin crank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.