Football Governance Bill (Independent Regulator) introduced today

The irony of him and his government ( and I think the opposition are just as bad) to say this:
But for too long some clubs have been abused by unscrupulous owners who get away with financial mismanagement.

No doubt it will be someone not qualified, a backhander for someone who gives them the job and of course they must be a red top supporter.
??????

Can’t believe it but I actually agree with Sullivan.

None of the issues that seem to currently wind up supporters of City, Forest , Everton and yes indeed Chelsea will be any different under a regulator.

FFP or PSR will still be there, VAR won’t change, PGMOL will still be in charge indeed the regulator will have really narrow areas of responsibility

The PL will have to shell out more money to the EFL and no matter how you try and control it all that will happen is that these clubs almost without exception will spend more on wages. EFL clubs are basket cases financially they are chasing the dream getting more from the PL really won’t change things. The regulator will have responsibility down to NFL ( National) that’s what 120 ish clubs what about the hundreds below that level? They are being in effect told they are meaningless these clubs get nothing from the Pl/EFL and anyone who supports a non league club shares the same passion, the highs, the lows , ambitions and fears .

When they talk about heritage these mainly smaller clubs are just important to their communities and no one seems to blink an eye when they are picked off many by individuals who will pass any fit and proper test that will be applied yet the aim of these owners isn’t promotion it’s land ownership. Look no further that Torquay.

Ironically the really big PL clubs will still generate the biggest commercial deals , the biggest sponsorship and more often than not the highest gate receipts. Clubs lower down the PL will loose their competitiveness . The divide in the PL will widen.

Oh I know what let’s apply stricter guidelines when it comes to owners. Ok on the face of it seems a plan but what happens when a club is faced with the dilemma where that stricter test sifts out the only person that has the funds and desire to take in an ailing club. How will that have changed things at Bury, Macclesfield and indeed Reading ?

When it comes to a super league despite what some think it is inevitable be it under the control of UEFA or a stand alone.

People have good reason to question the competence of Masters but at least he has some sort of check mechanism in place a regulator simply will play to the crowds .

Keep saying it but people should be careful what they wish for.
What makes you think the regulator will “play to the crowd”?

Masters is the PL CEO but he has fellow board members and the shareholders namely the clubs vote on changes and imposition of rules.As I say some sort of check mechanism
UEFa dictated the introduction of FFP the National Leagues had no choice but to introduce similar rules.
The regulator will do absolutely nothing re investment, re appointing a PL CEO,the PGMOL.
As for transparency in what area are you expecting for more to be put in the public domain ?
The clubs vote not in the wider interests of football but on what they perceive is their own interest. That has come back to bite the likes of Everton and Forest. Some Newcastle fans are so deluded that they are saying City support the rules which ring fence the top six and now disadvantage them. Er….mates it’s the opposite, City have spoken up against these rules at both UEFA and EPL levels. “Don’t use City to justify your own failings.”

Rags and dips will be in a European Super League before you can say Richard Masters.
Good riddance. EPL would be so much better without their baleful influence. To the rest I say: Stand Firm. Can you see the red hoards going to Munich etc every week?

CFG took out a $650m loan in 2021 and some MCFC assets are collateral to Barclays due to it. Likely used to build NYFC's ground so disingenuous using it for MCFC.
CFG arranged a line of credit rather than a loan. Since then they have signalled a IPO of about £850m.

This will be a nail in the coffin of the EPL. It will hamstring English clubs and give a boost to the Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga. A complete own goal!

I’d love to know how you’ve worked that out given we still don’t actually know what powers the regulator will actually have, or how effective they will be at using those powers.

It reminds me a lot of how some posters were adamant the proposed new PSR rules would destroy the Premier League and see La Liga, Serie A or Bundesliga overtake us ….despite the fact anyone who pays attention to those leagues already knows all of them already have more strict, more punishing versions of what was being proposed for the PL.

It’s just a blind guess wrapped up in doom mongering

City Football Group but it is a liability on MCFC accounts due to the collateral.
As the principal owner of City, CFG would have to sell us if they were insolvent, so I don’t see that we are more at risk now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.