Football Manager 2011

I'm one for giving advice as I have not been playing long.

Took some advice from this thread and did'not tinker too much with my formation.

Bought Hazard, Ericksen, Phil Jones, and used the rest of my city squad. Even had Bridge in at left-back.

Finished 2nd in the league and got beat in the semi's of the FA cup and Beat in the Final of the Europa cup to Athletico Madrid.

I thought that was really good for my first season.

I am just in pre-season so not started my Champions league campain.

I play 4-1-2-1-2 and works for me a treat. Beat Spurs twice with it now but I have played this way all season so your players might not like the set-up if you use it straight away. I now do not give team talks before or in-between the games. Only after the match has finished and this has also improved my team.

I have just beat Real Madrid in pre-season 3-0. Lets hope I can produce the same result when I get to the champions league.

Hope it helps.

flipmode said:
SS117 said:
My City team playing some world class football in the Champions League but in the Premiership they look average for example only just beating Reading 1-0, 90th minute Balotelli magic from 35 yards out, Champions League 4-0 v Athletic Madrid.

Such is the frustration of real life football management. The game is really authentic then? Should I buy it? Been thinking about if for a while now.
You should buy it, I love it. :-)

Start with Bury. Make sure you update your game with the patch first then sign Wladimir Yurchenko. He is a class act in league 1 and 2 and will get you at least 30 goals. I signed around 7 players because the defence is poor and they need another good striker.

took rotherham from league to to the championship in just 2 seasons.
left them comfortably in mid-table in the championship in december when the geordies came calling , and they had kevin gameiro, one of my favourite players on the game, scores bag loads.
they were 18th when i took over them, finished the season 9th , signed cahill in the january transfer window to steady the back 4.
just starting pre-season now and have £40 milllion to spend

I have worked on a tactic for the past 2 weeks and I think I've finally nailed it, works well with City, Real Madrid, Spurs, Liverpool and Dortmund.

FMTactic-1.png

These are the roles you have to give each player:

Goalkeeper: SWEEPER KEEPER & SUPPORT
Left Back & Right Back: FULL BACK & ATTACK
Central Defender: CENTRAL DEFENDER & DEFEND
Defensive Midfielder: DEEP LYING PLAYMAKER & SUPPORT
Central Midfielder: BOX TO BOX MIDFIELDER & SUPPORT
AMCL: WINGER & SUPPORT
AMC: TREQUARTISTA & ATTACK
AMCR: INSIDE FORWARD & ATTACK
ST: POACHER & ATTACK

With City, the tactic would be set out as the usual back 4 + keeper with Yaya playing the deep lying playmaker role and De Jong as the box to box midfielder, Tevez on the right, Balotelli on the left, Silva in the middle and Dzeko up front.

Jackson-ctid said:
I have worked on a tactic for the past 2 weeks and I think I've finally nailed it, works well with City, Real Madrid, Spurs, Liverpool and Dortmund.

FMTactic-1.png

These are the roles you have to give each player:

Goalkeeper: SWEEPER KEEPER & SUPPORT
Left Back & Right Back: FULL BACK & ATTACK
Central Defender: CENTRAL DEFENDER & DEFEND
Defensive Midfielder: DEEP LYING PLAYMAKER & SUPPORT
Central Midfielder: BOX TO BOX MIDFIELDER & SUPPORT
AMCL: WINGER & SUPPORT
AMC: TREQUARTISTA & ATTACK
AMCR: INSIDE FORWARD & ATTACK
ST: POACHER & ATTACK

With City, the tactic would be set out as the usual back 4 + keeper with Yaya playing the deep lying playmaker role and De Jong as the box to box midfielder, Tevez on the right, Balotelli on the left, Silva in the middle and Dzeko up front.

Good tactic that
Just beat Chelsea and Arsenal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.