Football Manager 2011

Damocles said:
Why do my team always die around January and not pick up again until March/April?
Do you keep the same tactic throughout?<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:30 am --<br /><br />
Griff93 said:
I've got a bit of a dilemma. I'm into the second season of my Porto game, quarter finals of the CL with the upper hand on the rags going into the second leg, going to win the league for a second time, got a great young team that's only going to get better but A.C Milan have just approached me to take over and I don't know what to do.

I've decided to delay the decision until the end of the season so I have time to make my mind up. I'm really tempted because the prospect of being at Porto for a third season bores me. But I've got a great team going and don't want to leave them. I don't know what to do.
Pfft. I'm Everton and we're alright but by no means amazing (three cup finals in two years). Juventus came in for me and I rejected the offer. Show a bit of loyalty man!

Damocles said:
Blue Smarties said:
Damocles said:
Why do my team always die around January and not pick up again until March/April?
Do you keep the same tactic throughout?

I tend to, is this wrong?

Yeah you should chop and change abit if you start getting found out I generally move between the Diamond, 4-3-3 when my usual formation the 4-5-1 isnt working.

Damocles said:
Blue Smarties said:
Damocles said:

I tend to, is this wrong?
Some of the AI figure you out after around five or so months of the same tactic. I mix it around a bit, I have four different tactics using two formations. The home one I attack and use at home and against the easier clubs away and the away I counter and use away, at home to harder clubs or in the last 15 minutes to protect a lead.

homeey.png

Here you can see Arteta is attacking.

home4.png

And now supporting. So it's not major changes you need.

home5t.png

And here you can see the AI picked up on it a little because I used the home tactic a lot as I was facing easier teams/used it in pre-season.

fixs.png

So you don't need major changes, just change it a little and you shouldn't really slump in January. Might also be a fitness/mentality thing.

Blue Smarties said:
Damocles said:

-- Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:30 am --

Griff93 said:
I've got a bit of a dilemma. I'm into the second season of my Porto game, quarter finals of the CL with the upper hand on the rags going into the second leg, going to win the league for a second time, got a great young team that's only going to get better but A.C Milan have just approached me to take over and I don't know what to do.

I've decided to delay the decision until the end of the season so I have time to make my mind up. I'm really tempted because the prospect of being at Porto for a third season bores me. But I've got a great team going and don't want to leave them. I don't know what to do.
Pfft. I'm Everton and we're alright but by no means amazing (three cup finals in two years). Juventus came in for me and I rejected the offer. Show a bit of loyalty man!

I have :)

Just secured Champions League football for the first time with Everton having finished third in 2012-2013, roll on next season! Oh and I won manager of the year, snatching it from bacon face after he'd just won the Premiership for the third year on the bounce :-)

The AI figuring out your tactics is a myth. If your performance drops it's because your players are complacent and over confident.

You can sort this out through team talks, I.e tell players that you expect to win when ur fav for match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.