Football Manager 2011

Addam iz pro said:
SWP's back said:
Halfpenny said:
He's played a lot of games recently for me, Lescott's been injured a lot. Must say, he's been very good.

What does PA mean?
Potential ability. It ranks players on a 1-200 scale. 200 being the best.

There's also a Current Ability scale. So for instance Messi has something like 196 CA and 197 PA.

[geek] Lots of the good young players have it set to -10, which generates a random number inbetween 170 and 200 [/geek]

SS117 said:
I'm going to carry on my City 2nd season, does anyone know a players who's a left back and is better than Kolarov?

Has anyone ventured Petrov?<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:20 pm --<br /><br />
Addam iz pro said:
SWP's back said:
Halfpenny said:
He's played a lot of games recently for me, Lescott's been injured a lot. Must say, he's been very good.

What does PA mean?
Potential ability. It ranks players on a 1-200 scale. 200 being the best.

There's also a Current Ability scale. So for instance Messi has something like 196 CA and 197 PA.

Cheers for that and thanks to Viva R also!

For those fairly early in a City game, Hazard is class immediately and gets better. De Gea turns out to be a class keeper too, so it's good competition between him and Joe. Signed De Gea before it was announced he was going to the Rags - honest!

Best 'real life' player I've signed is Chellini, but he costs a bloody fortune!

Found starting as a big club boring... My current Bury Side:

- brought in many released youth players from Prem sides in my first L2 season.
- Sold most of the starting squad, invested in youth facilities and staff mainly.

First season I finished 5th and didn't go up, second season everything kicked in, the young players that had been dropped by prem clubs started winning and I won L2.

First Season in L1 i won it + JPT

in Championship now and in 2nd after 15games.

Not spent a penny on transfer fee's, sold quite a few players back to prem clubs for £££ and all this went straight back into youth development.

My academy has produced some alright talent, mostly sold on but a few I've kept and they've just started getting England u19 call-ups.

Spent money on scouts/coaches, I've found some quality gems for free then sold on for crazy money.

My Current Starting 11 (would be stronger but sold some for profit)

GK HG Jack Butland
DR HG Kieran Trippier
DCR Wnt Jordan Spence
DCL Wnt Sead Hajrovic
DL HG Joe Dudgeon
MCR Wnt Sasa Markovic
MCL HG Oliver Norwood
AMR HG Kazenga LuaLua
AML HG Donal McDermott
STCR PR Benik Afobe
STCL HG Will Keane

Anyone feel like explaining to me how to put the real badges on this game??? Its driving me nuts... I have a macbook pro and I got the game off steam. Need a link to the patch

The most simple instructions necessary...

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
Anyone feel like explaining to me how to put the real badges on this game??? Its driving me nuts... I have a macbook pro and I got the game off steam. Need a link to the patch

The most simple instructions necessary...
You can't get them in patches. But you can download them off various Football Manager sites. I'd be happy to help but I don't have a mac myself. Have a look around the Fm-base.co.uk forums or downloads, I'm sure there's instructions on there for a Mac. I'd recommended signing up as well if you're going to be downloading because they make it a pain in the ass to download stuff if you don't. Good luck

Bought this last night and had a fiddle with it. My how thing have changed since the good old days of Championship Manager! I have ALWAYS gone for 4-4-2, but with City I can't see how I can fit that in with the squad as it is. Have contemplated going 4 2 3 1 with Silva being allowed a free role, but this isn't my style of play. Any tips so that I don't end up taking a £300m down?!

Pigeonho said:
Bought this last night and had a fiddle with it. My how thing have changed since the good old days of Championship Manager! I have ALWAYS gone for 4-4-2, but with City I can't see how I can fit that in with the squad as it is. Have contemplated going 4 2 3 1 with Silva being allowed a free role, but this isn't my style of play. Any tips so that I don't end up taking a £300m down?!
I bought it last night also and haven't had a chance to play it properly yet (fucking work!) but I'll let you know.

Join the bluemoon steam group (on steam) as there are quite a few tips on there mate.

SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:
I bought it last night also and haven't had a chance to play it properly yet (fucking work!) but I'll let you know.

Join the steam group (on steam) as there are quite a few tips on there mate.
I downloaded that Steam, couldn't figure out so I deleted it this morning. Downloaded the last transfer update so all up to date. I feel like i'm cheating myself if I don't play 4-4-2, but I also want Silva to play a role just behind Balotelli and Tevez. Without making any signings I think a first 11 of:

********************Hart*********************

Rich********Komp*************Toure**********Kol

******************De Jong*********************

************Milner**************Yaya*************

********************Silva************************

********Tevez*********************Balotelli*********

Kolarov will be getting replaced, as will Richards if I can get hold of decent replacements. Enrique looks shit hot on it, as doe Srna, who I currently have a £25m bid accepted but that pesky red tape is holding things up!
Milner will also be for the chop.

Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:

Join the steam group (on steam) as there are quite a few tips on there mate.
I downloaded that Steam, couldn't figure out so I deleted it this morning. Downloaded the last transfer update so all up to date. I feel like i'm cheating myself if I don't play 4-4-2, but I also want Silva to play a role just behind Balotelli and Tevez. Without making any signings I think a first 11 of:

********************Hart*********************

Rich********Komp*************Toure**********Kol

******************De Jong*********************

************Milner**************Yaya*************

********************Silva************************

********Tevez*********************Balotelli*********

Kolarov will be getting replaced, as will Richards if I can get hold of decent replacements. Enrique looks shit hot on it, as doe Srna, who I currently have a £25m bid accepted but that pesky red tape is holding things up!
Milner will also be for the chop.

Add Srna and Pastore or Douglas Costa to that team (for Milner) and you have the Premier League title beckoning!

Pretty much same team as I have that, started again but go for the usual suspects. Got Srna and Pastore as main recruits and 2nd currently, top of European group though. It's difficult to juggle Dzeko, Hazard, Lukaku and Witsel on the bench though and ensure they get enough game time to develop. Looking to bring in Javi Martinez and Douglas Costa in January. I know I should really be buying a defender or two, but Boateng and Milner are for the chop and hoping that will raise a few million, so will see what that leaves me with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.